Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Distribution Center Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Fontana, California facility.
The Fontana facility has approximately 70 employees and serves the Electrical Sector, Americas Region. The Fontana facility is a cost-center service organization with the central purpose of providing value added logistics support for the distribution, sales and service of electrical products and components, in the US & internationally.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- The Operations Supervisor will provide leadership and direction for a process within the Distribution Center in a multi shift, high volume, high order capacity.
- The Operations Supervisor will be responsible for performance with respect to safety & the environment, quality, on-time delivery, and cost for their respective area.
- The Operations Supervisor must exhibit Eaton’s Leadership Style while working cooperatively with other functional leaders to exceed the needs of the customer.
- Responsible for employees within a department and the contribution and performance of the department.
- The supervisor drives the processes in department through the Eaton Business systems. Assist plant Manager/Production Manager in the development of processes to achieve a zero-incident culture, maximize output, maintain machinery, and reduce overall costs and through these improvements exceed the customer’s expectations. Making sure that the organization decisions making is based on a process-oriented culture – to ensure the linkage from strategy to actions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a leadership/manager of people role within Distribution Center environment is required.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Fontana, CA to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- 3 years of experience in a leadership/manager of people role within Distribution Center environment preferred.
- Prior experience with WMS systems.
- SAP and/or Manhattan experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering is preferred.
- Lean/Six Sigma Certified
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.#LI-SR1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES AMER HQ MFGSC
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time