If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Quality Manager in Eaton’s Vehicle business, based in Wuxi, China. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
· Lead the plan, develop, deployment and continuous improvement of quality system aligned with TS and EQS policies and requirements.
· Lead the product quality plan and execution through PFMEA, PCP and WI.
· Plan and execute process audit and product audit including in-process and outgoing quality;
· Deal with quality feedback, drive for root cause elimination to maintain customer satisfaction, monitor supplying performance from customer, include customer website or score balance card;
· Lead management on quality performance and improvement areas.
· responsible for supplier PPAP approval based on current process.
· Facilitate as Customer Quality Representative related to new product launch, on-going customer performance results and customer corrective actions. Build up constructive customer relationship.
· Support the successful implementation of Eaton Business System initiatives. Use Eaton techniques and methodologies to measure business/quality performance. Take appropriate corrective actions as they relate to unfavorable results and/or trends. Responsible to report results as part of the Management Review process.
· Lead the establishment, deployment, maintenance and continual improvement of IATF16949 quality system in compliance to Customer, Industry and Eaton requirements. Maintain contact with Eaton, Customer and automotive industry trends as they relate to quality system requirements. Develop and deploy applicable training.
· Quality System Management Representative for the facility. Responsible for ISO/TS16949 third party audits and certification, and internal and Fresh Eyes audits.
· Provide quality leadership for process/product control including the identification and implementation of appropriate statistical techniques. Develop coursework and instruct facility personnel in the use of statistical techniques compliant to the Eaton, Industry and customer specific requirements.
· Lead quality lab to ensure appropriate selection, validation (gauge studies) and calibration of measurement and test equipment used to validate product quality. Identify and implement appropriate tools, techniques, and methodologies to inspect product (in-process and final), and perform product verification and validation testing
· Responsible for a timely corrective action process that eliminates the root cause of product and process non-conformances with the goal of no repeat issues. This includes corrective actions from QMS audits and customer complaints. Customer corrective action process is to be understood and corrective actions completed in compliance to customer requirements.
· Responsible for Quality Support for Advanced Product Quality Planning. Responsible to define Critical to Quality elements of a product/process, and effectively analyze, assess and mitigate the risks associated with any potential failures. Have a solid working knowledge of APQP techniques as they pertain to industry, regulatory, Eaton and customer requirements. Participate in PROLaunch/APQP cross-functional teams and effectively utilize the tools, techniques and metrics.
· Facility Supplier Quality representative. Responsible for implementation of WISPER for supplier receiving inspection and corrective actions. Monitor supplier performance related to incoming product quality. Ensure compliance to Vehicle group Supplier management processes.
· Responsible for plant quality function resource and competency development to fulfill plant targets and key programs.
· Bachelor’s degree and above with major in Engineering or related majors.
· At least 5 years’ experience in Mechanical Part Manufacturing Industry or related industry in JV or foreign company and automatic company.
· Significant knowledge and understanding of Automotive quality systems including ISO/TS 16949, VDA 6.1, Industry, and customer specific requirements.
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as machining, assembly, heat treat, etc.
· The knowledge of a wide range of problem-solving tools & methods, including statistics, combined with the ability to select & apply them to make data based decisions to sustain higher levels of process or product quality (CQE or Six Sigma Certification preferred).
· Effective communication skills including fluent in English (written and spoken).
· Work in teams, know and develop team;
· Knowledge in 6Sigma and Lean as an advantage.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-SZ1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time