Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking an Electrical Assembler to join our team.
This position is based at our Perth, ON facility.
This position is responsible for assembly and wiring standard & engineered control assemblies as well as full functional and electrical testing on products.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Work from drawings, specifications, schematics, wiring diagrams as well as other verbal or written instructions and perform electrical and mechanical assembly.
- Determine wiring sequence, layout and location.
- Perform testing to verify work.
- Work to CSA, UL, CEC codes and company quality requirements.
- Provide input and recommendations to improve the effectiveness of work area.
- Actively support and participate in corporate initiatives/programs including department meetings, safety programs, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement initiatives, and quality management programs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned in the facility as required.
- Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner.
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, Code of Ethics as well as safety and environmental standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent level of education from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in Canada without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within an 80-kilometer radius of the work location will be considered
- Experience in a manufacturing / assembly environment will be an asset, but not required, as training will be provided
- Two-year community college diploma, or greater
- Minimum one year of manufacturing / assembly experience
- Experience in machining operations, particularly in the use of milling and drilling equipment
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/continuous improvement principles
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No