- Be a key member of a world-class service organization that recently celebrated 12 consecutive years of growth.
- Join an organization where your health & safety are the number-one priority. Eaton provides our technicians with the training, tools, and PPE to keep you safe on the job.
- Opportunities for career advancement through a defined technical track as well as broader Eaton career opportunities in various business functions.
- Have the support of a robust internal infrastructure including 24-hour Customer, Technical and Factory Support.
- Continuous hands-on learning opportunities at a world-class training facility as well as field-based mentoring.
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 401K, medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation.
- Tools including a company vehicle, laptop, hand tools, meters and smartphone.
- Award winning efforts to recruit and support military veterans and their families.
- Minimum of 3 years of power systems, battery technologies, and electronic experience.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited Institution
- Valid and unrestricted State Driver's license
- Must have ability and willingness undergo and pass customer entrance requirements, which may include, but is not limited to, periodic background checks and drug screenings.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate Salt Lake City, UT geographic area will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Associate’s Degree in a technical field from an accredited school and/or equivalent experience in a technical field.
- Frequent travel to customer sites is required, with up to 75% of drive-time expected.
- Ability to read schematics drawings and company technical publications
- Ability to read electrical drawings and knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques
- Ability to work with other CSEs and take directions from the lead CSE on site
- Incumbent may be required to perform the following tasks, but not limited to, frequent, occasional, or seldom: repetitive lifting/carrying; pushing/pulling; standing; climbing; squatting; bending; kneeling; or driving extended distances.
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- Good understanding of single phase and three-phase circuit theory; analog and digital electronic circuit theory; and microprocessor controls and programming
- Understand how to use Oscilloscope
- Understand how to perform phase rotation and phase alignment checks
- Basic understanding of network functionality and sealed and wet celled battery theory and application.
- Understand the proper use of hand-tools, and when it is appropriate to use insulated tools
- Understand need for safety, and comply with company and customer rules on safety
- Must demonstrate proficiency on products and field processes before being dispatched to the field
- Must provide high quality of service
- Self-starter and motivator.
- PC Proficiency including knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office, and Outlook
- Proven/Strong written and oral communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD FSCS Field Service Customer Support
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time