Eaton’s Commercial & Residential Distribution Solutions Division is currently seeking a Sales and Application Engineer. This position can be based in Sumter, SC or El Paso, TX. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Sales and Application Engineer is responsible for the commercial and technical support of Eaton's field sales, aligned with the Panelboard and Switchboard product line sales and margin objectives. In this role, you will work with the dedicated Regional and Segment Sales and Application Engineers to provide additional support and drive special projects to support all regions/segments and pre-sale process improvements for the Sumter, El Paso and Satellite locations. You will also support training for the Eaton sales team, distributors and Satellites.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Be a commercial & technical resource for the product line, including answering complex customer or field sales questions and providing technical product training for the North America Sales team, Project Management, etc.
- Prepare written materials in response to customer requests including Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Marketing Literature.
- Support the development of the sales strategy and provide both pre- and post-order support for the assigned regions.
- Partner with key business development resources (i.e. Business Development Managers and Regional Marketing Managers) to ensure that they understand the activities in the region in order to optimize sales and profits.
- Attend project kick-off, project coordination meetings, on-board drawing reviews and/or witness testing as product expert based on needs of the project.
- Coordinate with the Regional Sales and Application Engineers to communicate regional/segment information to leadership on competitive activities, develop and execute marketing plans and provide customer/market voice of customer input.
- Support continuous improvement projects related to standard work, pricing, etc
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of experience with technical sales, marketing or engineering
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution
- 3 years of technical sales, marketing or application engineering experience in power distribution or electrical industry
- Experience with Panelboard and Switchboard Solutions
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience with Project Management
- Basic understanding of electricity
- Basic understanding of established design standards and their application within power distribution and control systems
- Ability to travel up to 10%
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time