Working with the Electrical Engineering Service & Systems group to provide assistance with applied engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of power systems studies.
- Provide assistance with applied engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of power systems studies.
- Self- management of assigned projects.
- Assist with engineering assignments that may involve power systems analysis, power quality measurements and audits, consulting and design services, and problem solving relative to power distribution equipment.
- Focus on short circuit, coordination, arc flash studies system modelling.
- Interpret specifications and customer inquiries.
- Creating/updating power system models
- Creating/updating ACAD drawings
- Supporting Engineering Department with cost improvements and quality initiatives.
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Values and Philosophy, as well as Safety and Environmental standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
Valid driver’s license.
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in Electrical Engineering at an accredited institution.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- This position does not offer relocation. The candidate must be located within 80 km of the facility.
Prior internship or co-op experience an asset.
Experience in the use of one of the following power system modelling tools: SKM, PTW, ETAP, EDSA, CYME, or EasyPower software.
Basic knowledge in power systems engineering.
Previous Manufacturing experience an asset.
Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
Proficient computer skills specifically in MS Office 365, ACAD.
Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics would be an asset.
Ability to comprehend electrical and mechanical drawings
Good attitude and work ethic.
Understanding of the company’s and competitor’s electrical distribution and mechanical products.
Demonstrated customer service ability.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time