- Create innovative power distribution and energy management solutions and prototypes based on advanced technologies, as a technical expert and as a team leader.
- Lead technology development projects and guide teams (local and remote resources) and external technology resources (advanced engineering groups in the business units, University researchers, National Laboratories, and Utility Customers).
- Identify and develop commercialization solutions with substantial growth potential for Eaton’s power distribution businesses, and provide advisory services to business partners
- Actively participate in strategic planning and development of Eaton product/service offerings and support New Product/Technology Introductions concurrent with Eaton business needs.
- Provide mentoring and help develop/train less experienced staff in a working environment.
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on power systems and/or power distribution from an accredited institution and 15 years of highly relevant industry experience or a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering and 10 years of highly relevant industry experience.
Minimum of 10 years of experience in power system control and optimization
Experience in a variety of power system control and optimization applications (optimal load flow, integrated Volt/VAR control, DER management, demand response, adaptive protection, etc.)
Experience in project-based development (including lean software development) and work in matrixed organization.
Experience with machine learning (decision tree, neural network, etc.)
Experience with various optimization methods (linear programming, nonlinear programming, genetic algorithm, etc.)
Experience with technology readiness level (TRL 3 to 6) projects.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to lead engineering teams to high value solutions
Familiar with IEEE and IEC standards (e.g., IEEE 1547) and industry reliability standards (e.g., SAIFI, SAIDI, CAIDI)
Strong software/hardware development skills for rapid prototyping
Business acumen with proven record of formulating value proposition and creating intellectual property.
Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
Proven track record in taking technologies from concepts to validated product applications.
Strong technical publication and invention record.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time