Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking an Equipment Operator 1 (Afternoon Shift) to join our team.
This position is based at our Airdrie, AB facility.
This position reports to the Fabrication Production Manager and is responsible for operating large punch presses, press brakes and spot welding necessary in producing parts for production.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Operate machines for punching specific parts. In addition, you will set up and operate various machines in the copper shop for specific parts, e.g. shear, drilling machine.
- Move raw materials from warehouse to work stations and material tower when required. Must be able to lift 25lbs.
- Set up programs and machine operation for specific parts and dynamic nests. This includes selecting proper tools, orientation and clearances, and change tooling as required.
- Ensure long term integrity of the equipment by performing regular preventative maintenance.
- Assist with other duties as required such as hanging parts on the paint line.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 1 year of experience using CNC and/or steel manufacturing equipment such as brake, punch and spot welder.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Must reside within 80km of Airdrie to be considered for this position.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to cross train and continue learning.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with machines and punch presses.
- Ability to recognize quality issues and make judgements.
- Experience using FINN Power computer console and associated components and asset.
- Experience reading and interpreting blue prints.
Position Success Criteria:
- Lifting and occasional heavy lifting/maneuvering up to 23-45 kg's. with assistance or using lifting device
- Continuous standing, reaching
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Maintain a positive commitment to the safety of self and others
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Computer skills specifically MS Office
Eaton is a power management company with 2019 sales of $21.4 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Accessibility policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.html
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No