Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services & Systems is currently seeking an Senior Power Systems Automation Technician to join our team. This position will be based at our Hanover, MD facility.
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems team
offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a
power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services
integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned
with business goals. We can help keep your power system safe, efficient,
reliable, and up-to-date.
The Power Systems Automation group is a full-service systems integrator with the capabilities to integrate the necessary equipment and technologies, to provide a complete, power automation solution. This team of engineers and technicians brings extensive skills and experiences with a variety of leading HMI software packages enabling us to design graphically rich, easy-to-use operator interfaces that take advantage of the latest standalone or web-based technologies. Our experience transcends a multitude of equipment manufacturers, software packages, and network architectures, including all major OEMs HMI, PLCs, and components. We offer single point responsibility, a high level of engineering and systems integration expertise, and a unified focus on cost effective solutions, seamless integration, HMI development, energy management tools, and professional turnkey system design and implementation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Provide on-site implementation of Power Management and mission critical monitoring and control systems including Power Xpert, Foreseer, PowerNet, and next generation Power Monitoring platforms.
- Provide applied engineering and consultation to customers in the areas of system integration, installation, start-up, maintenance, repair, training and modification of power management, control, and mission critical systems
- Programming of PLC control systems (Power Control, Generator Control, and SCADA)
- Responsible for Commissioning systems
- Has knowledge and experience with HMI (Human Machine Interface) software and power monitoring software packages.
- Working knowledge of industrial communication protocols such as Modbus, SNMP, OPC, DDE, TCP/IP.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with Power Management, Power Control, Mission Critical, or Building Management systems.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- All candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the work locations listed. No relocation will be offered for this role. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- PE License
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong computer skills required with Windows Operating Systems and Databases.
- Intermediate Networking skills including the ability to troubleshoot network hardware and interfaces, including Ethernet and Fiber
- Knowledge of power quality meters, trip units, protective relays and UPS
- Working knowledge of test equipment and diagnostic instruments for automation and power management systems.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques.
- Advanced understanding of the company’s and competitor’s automation and power management systems and services.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with automation and power management systems.
- Ability to interface with internal and external customers, salespeople, and other team members on a technical level.
- Has demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills.
- Submit to periodic customer specific required background and drug screenings.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time