The primary purpose of this role is to work on new product design and development projects coupled with supporting maintenance and VAVE activities for the products within our Switching portfolio in order to drive growth.
Essential functions of the role include:
- Proactive role in the new product development project teams
- Playing an active role in the development of FMEAs and Engineering drawings and control plans where necessary.
- Interpretation of test results and execution of design changes as appropriate.
- Support resolution of urgent quality issues
- Work collaboratively with production plants and global engineering offices
In order to be successful in the role the specialized knowledge required includes:
- Degree in an engineering discipline, mechatronics or physics
- Experience of working in the electrical industry
- Knowledge of IEC standards
- 3D drawing packages, Solid Works preferred
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to relevant background screening
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time