Eaton’s eMobility division is currently seeking a Technical Program Leader to join our team. This position is based at our Southfield, MI location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
We make the electric revolution work. Every day, we work to improve people’s lives and the environment by making power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable.
Preparing for the electrified future of mobility takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Eaton’s eMobility segment is collaborating with companies around the globe to innovate the transportation technologies of the future, creating efficient vehicles that travel faster, farther, higher and safer at a lower overall cost to the consumer and the environment.
The Technical Program Leader (TPL) leads the multidisciplinary functional engineering team to execute and achieve the technical product (power electronics) delivery targets according to the committed overall project schedule, development cost and bill of material (BoM). The TPL drives and verifies the execution of all engineering activities product life cycle activities for a given program spanning the V-model (requirements decomposition and definition; development processes; integration and testing; and, as applicable, handoff to advanced manufacturing). The final objective is to obtain approval for system/product release.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Matrix leads and drives the multidisciplinary product engineering team to achieve the technical/functional project targets, bill of material (BoM), project timing and industrialization targets
- Ensures the achievement of the required product maturity (for example, technology readiness level) over the product life cycle
- Responsible for the product BoM approval and release
- Acts internally as the technical interface for the product/program engineering team to program management, supply chain, manufacturing and commercial team
- Acts externally as the technical customer interface for the product/program engineering team
- Organizes cross functional team meetings and drives agenda
- Prepares technical decision options as input for the change control board and for management escalation
- Plan technical work packages (content/schedule/quality) according to the overall project schedule
- Plan and execute product/system releases according to defined schedule
- Responsible for sample planning and adherence to engineering build management and sample release
- Act as manufacturing interface for successful realization of the sample builds
- Responsible to release the Engineering Documentation to the manufacturing plants to be able to perform sample builds
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in propulsion domain
- Minimum of 3 years in the eMobility space
- Minimum of 7 years in engineering product development
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- MBA or Master in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5 years in eMobility space
- 7 years in high voltage power electronics product development
- Software development experience a plus
Position Success Criteria:
- Willing to travel 15%-25%
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time