Eaton’s Industrial Sector is currently seeking a Machine Repairman to join our team.
This position is based at our Auburn, IN facility.
This position will plan, layout and perform all required operations to install, maintain and repair a variety of machine tools and other equipment and apparatus used in various plant departments and powerhouse.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Install units, including the making up of brackets, braces, hangers, etc.
- Tear down, determine extent of troubles, repair damaged mechanism or replace worn or defective parts and reassemble.
- Setup all department machine tools such as engine lathe, vertical turret lathe, shaper, radial drill press, grinders, milling machines, etc., together with all necessary machine attachments.
- Layout and perform machining operations on replacement parts such as gears, bearings, shafts, spindles, lead screws, right and left external and internal threads, tapers and angles, etc. Select material best suited for specific job.
- Perform hand operations in fitting such parts as bearings, spindles, scraping of ways, etc.
- Construct simple tools or alter available tools and equipment to facilitate work.
- Align and level machine tools and equipment to required accuracy and check to assure effective operation.
- Work involves a variety of machine, bench and hand operations requiring skill and accuracy and a thorough knowledge of machinist trade to repair, maintain and install a wide variety of machine tools, apparatus and equipment.
- Operate fork truck as required in performance of job duties.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Journeymen or six (6) years of documented experience in a Mechanical trade
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and schematics
- Minimum of 3 years of machine maintenance experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area (50 miles) of Auburn, IN will be considered for this position
- Ability to problem solve and understand mechanical equipment
- Background in machining and electrical equipment
- Experience with hydraulics, and pneumatics controllers
- Experience with Screw machine and mechanical press equipment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No