- Advanced simulation and modeling technology in plasma physics of electrical arc and gas breakdown. Simulating electrical arc switching and current limiting phenomena, partial discharges and breakdown in various applications for low and medium voltage electrical power systems of power distribution.
- Creating and leading innovative product ideas based on breakthrough technologies, developing simulation software tools.
- Develops models for AC and DC circuit interruption, prototypes/concepts in numerous components and systems for electric utility, industrial, automotive, and aerospace applications. Uses cutting-edge simulation hardware and software, based on combination of commercial and self-developed software.
- Develops and implements new arc simulation models (physical and numerical) to enhance Eaton’s simulation capabilities, including new (potentially publishable or patentable) approaches to plasma physics.
- Supports globally diverse cross-functional project teams developing new products, generates value-added intellectual property. Maintains and defends existing patents that cover the technology needs of the businesses.
- As a project manager is responsible for creating, executing and tracking milestones for the project.
- Stays on the leading edge of arc physics that will drive new technology development with decisive competitive advantage for Eaton, attending relevant conferences, presenting new results.
- Cultivates and manages relationships with academic partners. Works on government-funded projects, identifies, develops and submits proposals for government funding.
- PhD In Plasma Physics, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Solid experience in plasma simulation and/or arc physics strongly desired
- Plasma physics, switching phenomena, programming
- Fluent in oral and written English, experience in new product development, program management and innovation
- Team of professionals, opportunity to learn new technologies
- Focus on technology and innovation
- Roomy offices, excellent canteen, table tennis, yoga on site, cycling and sport friendly environment
- Annual bonus, multisport card, office hours flexibility, nursery contribution and other benefits
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
- Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce - the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are - both individually and as an organization - and direct our activities every day
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time