Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact.
We make what matters work.
To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Eaton’s EMEA Business Service Center (BSC) was established in 2015. Our BSC site employs around 600 people. Our mission is to provide high value services to support internal and external customers across Eaton’s Electrical, Hydraulics, and corporate functions in EMEA.
Come and join our Accounting team within the Budapest Business Centre. The primary objective of your role will be providing accurate financial analysis that can be used to support and influence decision making for Eaton Corporate Finance teams. Providing financial controllership service including review and analysis of monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting as compared to budget and forecast. Developing and maintaining timely and accurate financial reporting that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) will also be among your main responsibilities.
You will make difference by:
- Analysis of financial data relating to rolling forecasts, profit plans, monthly results and ad-hoc requests
- Performing all necessary review, analysis and postings required in line with month end requirements and in line with accounting standards.
- Acquiring & maintaining complete understanding of the Eaton financial analysis tools including Oracle / Hyperion/ Encore/Radar/HFM/ to ensure accurate reporting
- Developing and improveing Forecasting, Actual and budgeting Financial Analysis reporting
- Producing Month end reporting requirements including full balance sheet reconciliation, review and compliance checks including co-ordination of balance sheet sign off in line with SOX/audit requirements.
- Proactively seeking new opportunities to improve the productivity within the Accounting team to ensure a value add service to key customers
- Providing guidance where appropriate, on findings through business and financial Analysis
- Developing, implementing, and ensuring compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Supporting the transfer new service offerings or enhancements either through direct on-boarding responsibility or providing financial guidance, viewpoints and support where required
- Participating in the preparation of, annual profit plan and forecasts and annual recharge process requirements across the EMEA regio
- Insuring adherence to standard accounting principles and practices under both local and US GAAP
- Completing all balance sheet monthly and quarterly deliverables and review balance sheet positions for integrity of accruals
- Maintaingn key business relationships to provide excellent customer service
- Performing any other ad hoc financial tasks assigned as required
- Providing Internal and external audit support as required throughout the year.
Your experience matters:
- Financial degree or equivalent, with at least 3 years’ finance experience
- Fluent English, any additional European language is a plus
- Studying towards recognized accounting qualification ACCA | CIMA | ICAS | MBA | CPA | is preferable
- Advanced PC / Technical Skills and Experience with Microsoft Office Products including MS Access, MS Excel and Visual Basic. Advanced knowledge of ERP preferably Oracle or SAP
- Experience in a similar industry will be advantageous, as will international experience.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills, excellent focus on customer service and influencing ability
- Knowledge of US GAAP preferable
- SOX experience / exposure preferable
- Familiarity with local statutory reporting requirements and taxation
- Strong Analytical, Planning and Organizational Skills
- Thorough understanding of Accountancy, Corporate Policies, Corporate Procedures and Systems
- Strong communication, evaluation and problem solving skills
- Proven track record delivering process improvement initiatives
- Proven track record in managing, communicating and escalating risk
- Ability to operate and deliver independently without day to day supervision
- Must have a “can do” attitude and be customer focused
- We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for you
- We ensure health, wellness, safety and work-life balance for you
- We invest in you for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- We offer career advancement opportunities for you
- We value diversity, join our passionate team
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of ability testing as part of the recruitment process.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No