Eaton’s Electric Sector is currently seeking a Mechanical Assembler – Standard Switchboards to join our team.
This position is based at our Milton, Ontario facility.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, this position will be responsible for interpreting the information documents in order to determine parts needed, create parts using prescribed and non-prescribed standards, mechanically assemble, modify complex components, sub-assemblies and assemblies for the Milton production lines.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Assemble cabinets structures, with standard and non-standard modifications, building a structure on the jig following job package with standard and minor modifications,
- Assembling/installing horizontal and vertical bus as per the job package with standard and non-standard modifications.
- Maintain the accuracy of the BOH inventory of stocked materials cycle counting, identify stocked material, matching package labels to the actual material description and quantity, managing material transactions using the hand withdrawal process, preventing material shortages and contributing to corporate Balance on Hand inventory goals.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the internal KANBAN system, following set procedures for properly labelling each bin and bin location, using components allocated or stored specific to each job and triggering KanBan cards as each bin is emptied prevent material shortages and contribute to corporate Days on Hand inventory goals.
- Fork-lift, as required (Internal Eaton certification) to install custom parts and maneuver completed assemblies.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent level of education from an accredited institution.
- Experience with power tools, working on ladders and lifting to 57 kgs.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Must reside within an 80 km range from Milton; Eaton doesn't offer relocation.
- Demonstrated continuous learning through cross training, learning new skills and refreshing prior skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational and problem-solving skills.
Eaton is a power management company with 2019 sales of $21.4 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Accessibility policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.html
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No