Eaton’s B-Line Division is currently seeking an Environmental, Health and Safety Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Pinckneyville, IL location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Here at Eaton – we make Safety Work* and as the Environmental, Health and Safety Manager, you will be leading EHS activities at the site, established EHS objectives and targets and ensuring all necessary documents are available. You will also gain exposure in leading and maintaining the ISO/OHSAS certifications – ensuring accurate and completed EHS reporting of metrics. You will be interfacing with public and government authorities and taking necessary actions during crises.
- Manages and directs site in achieving EHS targets & objectives.
- Works to develop, maintain, and achieve goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
- Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
- Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
- Supports creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity-based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Works to assign MESH (safety management) element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
- Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
- Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through the Safety Committee, safety related kaizen events, and weekly GEMBA walks needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Works with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance of EHS local, state and federal regulations.
- Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion
- Work with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place.
- Strive to create a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 1 year of EHS experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Proven track record of safety metric performance and improvement
- Demonstrated experience with safety programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Environmental Management, Occupational Health and Safety, or Environmental Health and Safety from an accredited institution
- 2 years of experience in EHS (Environmental Health & Safety)
- 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Experience working within a unionized facility
- Understands OSHA regulations
- Lean Fundamentals understanding
- Understanding of ISO 14001 standards and internal auditor
- Experience with workers compensation
- Fall protection certifications
- Certified Industrial Vehicle Instructor
- Ergonomics experience
- Experience with safety project management
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time