Eaton’s eMobility division is currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineering Specialist to join our team. This position can be based at our Southfield, MI or Tualatin, OR locations. Relocation assistance will be provided.
We make the electric revolution work. Every day, we work to improve people’s lives and the environment by making power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable.
Preparing for the electrified future of mobility takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Eaton’s eMobility segment is collaborating with companies around the globe to innovate the transportation technologies of the future, creating efficient vehicles that travel faster, farther, higher and safer at a lower overall cost to the consumer and the environment.
The Senior Systems Engineering Specialist will staff and develop a fully competent team responsible for all systems engineering activities on high voltage power distribution and protection product development programs, serving the electric vehicle market.
In this role, you will be a global engineering leader for eMobility Power Distribution and Protection products, responsible for staffing a team that develops customer solutions, scopes programs, and defines engineering resources necessary to successfully execute new product development programs
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Apply knowledge in hybrid and electric vehicle systems, and work with customers to provide innovative and valuable system, subsystem, and component level solutions to their vehicle challenges.
- You and your team develop, negotiate, and manage specifications and product requirements based on OEM and Eaton design team input
- You possess proficiency with vehicle level performance tests, you have skills/knowledge in application & integration engineering, and capable of analyzing large sets of data to assess the best customer-oriented solutions and compliance to requirements
- You will develop and deploy tools for your team to develop and manage requirements according to the systems engineering “V” model, including at the component, subsystem, system, and vehicle, level.
- You will develop working relationships with comparable levels of OEM engineering staff and other associated areas within the OEM.
- You will relentlessly improve your technical and interpersonal skills, and you thrive on the successful development of products that change how power is managed in electric vehicles
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a relevant technical field from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in new product development of automotive or transportation based products
- Minimum 5 years of Systems Engineering experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience at an automotive tier 1 or tier 2 supplier
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an engineering manager role
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Master’s degree in relevant engineering field
- Strong communication skills with ability to interface directly with external partners, suppliers, and both internal and external customers.
- Experience developing high voltage automotive power distribution or power electronics products
- Experience developing products with die castings, stampings, injection mold plastics, and PCB assemblies
- Experience developing products with ISO 26262 functional safety requirement, certification preferred
- Advanced understanding of electric vehicle drivetrain/powertrain systems and battery packs
- Hands-on vehicle based skills & experience (Mechanical and/or electrical)
- Experience with IBM Jazz Tools
- Experience with AUTOSAR framework
- Experience with Vector Tools such as CANape and CANalyzer
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink tools
- Experience with Agile Development Processes
- Green belt or Black Belt experience (risk management, DFMEAs, DVP&Rs, P-Diagrams, Pugh matrices, reliability growth, etc.)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time