Eaton Aerospace Group is currently seeking a CNC Setup Machinist III to join our team. This position is based in North Charleston, SC and relocation will be provided for those who are not local.
- Properly set tools in machine locations required for set-up & perform part changeover including program retrieval and input
- Establish work offsets (G54, G55, etc.) manually and utilizing probing technology
- Read, understand, and reset CNC machine program codes
- Be able to determine and run work offsets for 4 or more axis, single machine and dual pallet machining centers
- Display advanced management of part specific tooling packages more than 30 tools per process & be able to manage parts more than 50 part features
- Calculate and input axis coordinates X, Y and Z or use spindle probe to determine work offsets – 6 or more offsets
- Read, understand and interpret complex engineering drawings, GD&T and complex CMM reports to make multiple work offsets including angular fixture offsets using basic trigonometry
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience operating CNC lathes and/or mills in a manufacturing or operations environment or equivalent education
- Must have three (3) years’ experience setting up CNC lathes and/or mills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Technical degree in manufacturing, machining, or related field
- Journeyman’s Toolmaker Certification
- Experience with CNC or conversational programming
- Experience operating a variety of manual machines (lathes, mills, jig bore, grinders etc.)
- Familiar with Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing techniques such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, TPM, Error Proofing, Standardized Work, Set up Reduction, Continuous Flow, and Pull
- Experience in Troubleshooting Problems using quality tools such as statistics, 8D, 5 Why, Fishbone diagrams, etc.
- PC computer skills (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, etc...) with ability to learn other programs
- Must be able to understand and interpret blueprints and sketches including proficiency in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Must be able to perform basic shop math.
- Must have demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico