Eaton’s eMobility Division has an opening for a:
Customer Quality Engineer
Location: Montrottier, Lyon Region
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company that values employees inclusion and diversity? Then join the Eaton team and help us provide sustainable and innovative solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
You will join our eMobility Division, which is currently experiencing massive growth following various recent major wins. eMobility designs and manufactures energy converters primarily used in the automotive industry.
As Customer Quality Engineer you will be responsible for quality during the NPD & NPI process (New Product Development & Introduction). You will be the main customer interface and will guarantee its satisfaction during the projects life cycle. Moreover, you will you will be responsible for managing non-compliant productions/ deliveries.
Your key deliverables:
· Ensure the deployment NPD & NPI processes and APQP with the customers
· Prepare the Gates review
· Participate in the manufacturing of the various prototype stages during the process and ensures the quality of deliveries
· Performs and validates the pre-production audit
· Be responsible for customer satisfaction (handling internal complaints and incidents)
· Ensures customer satisfaction in serial life.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering field
- 5 years’ APQP engineer within the Automotive field
- Plus 5 years’ as quality engineer within the Automotive field
- Excellent knowledge of customers APQP
- Knowledge of Quality and Continuous Improvement Methodologies (DFMEA, MSA, Capabilty studies, 8D, etc)
- Knowledge of IPC A 610 and electronic manufacturing processes will be a plus
- Highly effective Interpersonal skills
· Project management skills
- Ability to communicate with customers (internal and external)
· Fluent in English
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
· Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time