Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a High Performance Work Team Leader to join our team. This position is based at our Rumford, RI facility. Relocation assistance is offered for this position.
The High Performance Work Team Leader is responsible for leadership of a cross-functional production team, and overseeing all activities associated with manufacturing and production of deliverable product to meet customer expectations. The leader monitors and manages hourly and salaried resources in the assignment of work responsibilities, development, and alignment of resources to load. This position drives continuous improvement in production, quality, and safety while utilizing the framework of the Eaton Business System (EBS) and the Lean Management System.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Champion a Safety Culture through use of MESH tools, safety best practices, and empowering employees to take responsibility for their own safety as well as everyone they work with.
- Lead areas of responsibility in the use of EBS practices, including Eaton Lean, Safety, Quality, and Product Development tools. Lead routine BOS/BSC reviews with focus on performance of the entire value stream. Keep focus on meeting customer needs, both internal and external (Customer Centric Focus / KBKC).
- Have ownership of key business metrics for areas of responsibility. Utilize the BOS process to track and analyze key operational metrics and implement actions to improve operational performance. Direct day-to-day activities in production areas, including manpower movement, job assignments, time/attendance/vacation data.
- Lead cross-functional Continuous Improvement Teams for areas of responsibility, championing teamwork and problem-solving to continuously improve operational performance. Manage priorities of shared functional resources to achieve business needs.
- Forecast labor hours, schedule overtime, and execute to labor plan. Provide vision and strategy for team and be a positive role model by leading through example.
- Establish and maintain a positive, engaged employee team sentiment through application of Eaton’s Values, Ethics, and Philosophies and empowering employees to make decisions, innovate, and work in a continuous learning environment. Enable success of employees by providing resources and removing barriers.
- Train and develop hourly team members, as well as providing coaching and oversight to dotted-line functional team members. Clearly define and communicate expectations, providing positive reinforcement when met and providing coaching and counseling as necessary when not met.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory/managerial experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory/managerial experience.
- Six Sigma Green belt or higher, preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico