Eaton is currently seeking a Lead Software Quality Assurance Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Beachwood, Ohio Corporate Offices.
The Lead Software Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for leading testing support of the wide range of applications and customizations used by Eaton’s Global Financial Shared Services Center, including, but not limited to, Oracle Financials, Kofax, Unclaimed Property, Concur, and a myriad of boundary systems. In this role, you will work collaboratively with a high-performing team of technical and functional subject matter experts on global projects to support functional testing efforts throughout the entire solution testing lifecycle adhering to ProLaunch. You will be responsible for development of test strategy & cases, which will include complex information systems, application architecture, database, interfaces and integrations, including SOA. You will provide guidance and participate in the planning and execution of testing, utilizing a wide range of tools including SQL, HPALM, OATS, and Panaya. You will also support all areas of testing including functional, integration, regression, end-to-end, and performance testing.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Plan, lead and execute all phases of defined test cycles including system, integration, regression, and end-to-end testing for major projects
- Interpret ambiguous business requirements and technical/functional design documents in order to adequately address risks/changes and effectively develop a test strategy, test plan, scenarios, test cases and scripts
- Generate, communicate, and coordinate complex test plans and test strategy to stakeholders and project teams
- Coordinate and collaborate with the technical (developers) and functional (SMEs) teams to plan and execute test processes both functionally and technically to ensure complete and accurate results
- Execute complex SQL queries and interpret results to verify application enhancements
- Effectively lead, participate and/or coordinate issues in the defect management lifecycle including identification, categorization, prioritization, assignment, resolution, verification, closure and reporting during all testing cycles
- Actively participate in project team meetings to offer insights to testing, breaking down complex problems to ensure understanding for targeted audience
- Align and coordinate configuration of Development and Quality test environments across multiple business support teams and various connectivity points
- Assist test manager to define and/or refine and confirm testing approach, measures, tools, automation and documentation
- Assess test plans for changes into the QA environment to ensure alignment with prescribed standards, test coverage and risk
- Assess regression requirements of project initiatives and alignment of data with Service Oriented architecture (SOA) and various ERP systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Information Technology from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of business analytics and/or software quality assurance experience
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Beachwood, OH facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience with defect management and test management tools
- Experience supporting medium-to-large projects, including experience in all phases of software testing (test planning, functional and regression testing)
- Experience working with Record-to-Report, Order-to-Cash, and/or Purchase-to-Pay systems
- Experience with financial systems like Oracle and/or SAP
- SQL experience
- Strong attention to detail, good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Skilled in time, priority and task management
- Interpersonal communications skills to interact with customers and team members, facilitate discussions, and exercise professional judgment as required
- Strong managerial courage to challenge test plans and results
- Self-managed, ability to prioritize and multi-task
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAFSC North America Financial Services Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time