Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Watertown, WI facility.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Watertown will work with the Enclosed Variable Frequency Drives business. Primary responsibilities include developing, maintaining, and continuously improving the ETO/CTO manufacturing processes that improve safety, improve quality reduce operating costs, and reduce scrap.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Champion a culture of Safety by proactively interfacing with production, EHS, and maintenance teams to identify and appropriately mitigate hazards throughout the facility
- Develops/improves manufacturing processes, facility enhancements, and new technologies by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors
- Drive systematic use of Continuous Improvement and Lean processes through the use of the Eaton Business System structure
- Coordinate introduction and industrialization of new products to the facility by working with divisional and plant representatives
- Identify, manage, document, and complete multiple cost out projects with minimal supervision to achieve year over year cost out goals
- Advise on process capabilities and requirements for new and current products; creating training to improve the overall education of production employees
- Develop processes and manufacturing documentation for new products. Review and update processes and manufacturing documentation of current products for improvement of process and engineering design changes to ensure ISO compliance
- Generate and implement Engineering Change Notices, enhancing product quality and reducing product cost.
- Troubleshoot equipment, processes, and products for malfunction or problems to support daily production requirements, to include basic VBA coding
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service as needed.
- Support the Eaton Quality System. Work with Quality function to implement corrective actions
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Watertown will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Strong analytical skills
- Technical understanding and proven experience with Lean Manufacturing Systems and Six Sigma Methodology with ability to apply to low volume/high mix ETO/CTO production
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical data, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have excellent reasoning skills and ability to act on them to ensure quality of work
- Requires self-motivation, self-management, team oriented, proactive, attention to detail and able to overcome obstacles to meet schedule requirements.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Microsoft VBA or other coding language
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial, manufacturing, mechanical engineering, or engineering technology
- Experience working in an Electronics manufacturing environment
- Experience working in ETO/CTO manufacturing environment
- Green belt or higher certification
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No