Eaton Corporation’s Electrical Sector is seeking a District Sales Vice President. This person will have responsibility for the Houston/New Orleans region and will be based in our Houston, TX location.
The primary function of the District Sales Vice President is to direct all sales activities to achieve performance goals in accordance with marketing and sales plans. This position requires coaching, directing and training sales professionals in their respective assignments to succeed at managing and developing their customer base, leveraging internal and external sales resources, driving products and the channel to market in order to achieve market share gains, support price attainment goals and support strategic initiatives throughout the district. It is necessary to build close relationships with key customers and distributors to enhance sales volume and customer service. It is essential to understand major competitors’ tactics, organization, distribution strategy, and pricing while keeping management informed of trends and changes. This position will be responsible to ensure that strategic and district operation plans, major product launches, and key programs are properly planned, executed and managed
- Establish new and/or build on existing relationships with key customers, contractors and distributors to enhance sales volume and customer service
- Plan, direct and drive the sales resources to assure that adequate coverage is applied to all accounts
- Understand competitors’ products, tactics, strategy, pricing, and their competitive position in the district
- Create strategic plans as well as become responsible to implement product line initiatives and product launches
- Understand electrical products and their competitive position within the district
- Identify, analyze, select, and continuously improve the districts various channels to market
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, and continuously improve organizational capabilities of sales personnel
- Market knowledge of electrical products and distribution channels
- Strategic planning and profit planning experience.
- Knowledge of sales techniques, customers, customer relations, and personnel development
- Strong professional presence and communication style.
- Experience of setting aggressive sales plans and achieving ambitious targets and stretch goals.
- Ability and demonstrated experience to identify existing and future growth market opportunities and tailor strategic sales plan and resources to maximize Eaton’s top-line and market share position.
- Ability to establish rigor, consistency, and a business cadence that drives the team forward and achieves results, even in times of challenging market conditions.
- Capability to synthesize information and leverage data-driven arguments to make and guide informed decisions.
- Strong customer orientation and focus. Ability to work with all levels of the customer organizations to sell and support products as well as to understand the customer’s current and future business needs
- Ability to cope with ambiguity, and successfully resolve problems and manage conflict, navigating resistance and developing buy-in.
- Ability to influence and work effectively in a matrix environment
- Experience in developing, motivating, and energizing a diverse team in critical areas of sales planning, negotiation, and customer pursuit
- Minimum of eight years of experience in electrical sales.
- Minimum of two years of experience in sales management positions.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Experience managing direct sales personnel
- Product line marketing and/or operational experience
- An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, sales incentive compensation and complete benefits
- This position will be based in our Houston, TX location
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time