Eaton’s Electrical Services and Systems is currently seeking a Power Systems Engineering Manager to join our team. This position can be based at our Warrendale, PA location. Please note - this position does offer relocation assistance.
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems team offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned with business goals. We can help keep your power system safe, efficient, reliable, and up-to-date.
Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of power system engineers in the industry, with industry-standard software and advanced modeling and analysis capabilities at their fingertips. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to power system analysis and design. Active participation in technical societies such as IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our engineers are knowledgeable about today’s cutting-edge engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: from traditional power systems analysis including short circuit, coordination, and arc flash incident energy analysis to safety and reliability-focused studies to power quality and grounding related audits and analyses.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide applied engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of power systems studies, power quality analysis, installation, startup, maintenance, repair and training.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Ensure the safety of employees who work in low, medium, and high voltage work environments.
- Ensure strict compliance with safety policies, trains and implements safety programs
- Ensure safety equipment resources are available and properly tested, and acts as a safety liaison with customers.
- Act as sales and marketing agent in partnership with sales engineers to help drive sales in the consulting and engineering business. Identify and develop prospective new customers. Keep current on the trends and significant issues in the local marketplace providing direction for the strategic planning process.
- Maintain effective relationships with and service to customers. Facilitate teaming with other districts to support multi-district customers and/or industries.
- Provide input to profit plan and monthly forecasts with accuracy so that the operation meets these goals on a regular basis.
- Lead the efficient execution of projects, ability to execute to sales quotes, cost control, leveraging subcontractors, inventory management, and turn of backlog and projects
- Build an effective and skilled team through successful recruiting, assessment of talent, training & development, goal setting, communications, performance appraisal, and conformance to applicable company policies.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure professional growth for employees and retention within the operation.
- Act as a technical mentor and back up for the engineering team. Provide front line support for engineering staff on technical questions, sales and negotiation questions, project management matters, and commercial issues.
- Effectively manage diverse and dispersed field-based workforce in assigned geographic territory, which includes multiple office locations. Demonstrate good corporate citizenship. Assures the security and effective allocation of company resources and assets.
- Act as the lead communicator with customers, district operations, general sales force, manufacturing plants, product division management, and functional support staff.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering technology required from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five years of experience working in a service or engineering unit.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master of Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- PE license
- Prior leadership experience
- Knowledge of power distribution and power systems engineering practices and procedures, employee relations and quality programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer relationships and resolve complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and understanding of a fiscal entity.
- Ability to communicate effectively and equally well with senior corporate executives, engineers and technicians.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills.
- Broad understanding of marketing and business planning.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Practical understanding of accounting principles and P&L.
- Practical understanding of demand flow production concepts.
- Broad understanding of market channel relationships and processes.
- Basic understanding of product applications and customer needs.
to periodic customer required background and drug screenings.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time