Eaton is seeking a Director HR – CHBL US Operations for its North America Region within the CrouseHinds, BLine, and Oil & Gas Division in the Electrical Sector. This position is based at our Syracuse, NY location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Supporting the Vice President – North American Operations for the Crouse-Hinds and B-Line business, the Director HR – CHBL Operations has responsibility for all Human Resource activities and programs for the Operations function. This position serves as a business partner focused on areas such as HR strategy, organizational effectiveness, talent management and development, succession planning, performance management, staffing, compensation and benefits, employee and labor relations, retention, diversity and legal compliance. This position is a key member of the NA operations management team.
This position also provides input to global employee relations processes to drive the desired culture within CHBL.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Broadly partner with the VP NA Operations and other regional business leadership to provide both tactical and strategic human resource solutions related to HR programs, practices, policies and tools.
- Develop and manage the operations talent agenda to improve talent acquisition, HC planning, high potential talent visibility & development and key position succession planning.
- Partner with HR network and operations leadership to develop and implement appropriate organizational structure changes in alignment with business strategy.
- Provide coaching, consulting and facilitation skills to influence behavior and business decisions consistent with Eaton Values and Philosophy and Eaton Leader Attributes.
- Employ coaching and mentorship to develop high performing plant HR and staff, and supports them in driving effective recruiting and retention strategies and other HR initiatives focused on meeting human capital needs.
- Create organizational capacity for change, leading and sponsoring programs that promote organizational flexibility and effectiveness. Focus on World Class Manufacturing in Ops and HR partnered with a strong MOS.
- Deploy an effective employee communications strategy to provide updates on current business performance and allows for employee feedback on issues affecting the workforce.
- Ensure the company is in compliance with all applicable legislation regarding labor relations, employee relations, diversity, employment, employee benefits, safety, compensation and other employee related matters.
- Facilitate best practice sharing across the operations, in terms of building capability, key processes and communication.
- Provide HR analysis and project management for initiatives to optimize overall business performance including the development of world class facilities.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in HR
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s degree in human resources or an MBA with a human resources concentration
- Business focused and results oriented with a bias for taking action
- Experience working in a Unionized setting
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time