Eaton is seeking a Supply Chain Assistant for its Panelboard / Switchboard Satellite Operation. The Supply Chain Assistant will be located in Auburn, WA.
The Supply Chain Assistant performs supply chain functions (purchasing, inventory management, logistics planning) to support satellite facility goals of excellent satisfaction, operational excellence, and profitability.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
Manage inventory stock levels or Days on Hand (DOH) through continuous improvement, analysis and effective planning with the satellite operations and engineering functions.
Proactively work with suppliers and carriers by building productive relationships to maintain service levels that meet satellite end-customer needs. Where possible, negotiate supplier service, price and delivery to maximize outcomes for Eaton.
Examine open purchase orders daily and proactively resolve all related issues to ensure timely receipt of the materials required to meet the production schedule.
Enter material orders, invoices, and interunit orders into the Vista system, AS400, and Manage orders daily to ensure end product is built, shipped and meets the customer’s expectations
Coordinate and analyze daily inventory efforts including adjustments, stock checks, Kanban changes and performing Kanban charge-outs for internal/external vendors. Lead inventory efforts for the location; this includes facilitating meetings, distribution of inventory day forms and materials, and ensuring compliance with inventory procedures.
Complete Excess / Obsolete process for the satellite facility with the finance team and satellite manager
- Other duties as assigned
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in either a customer service or supply chain required
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Auburn, WA facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business administration, supply chain management, engineering or other technical field.
- 3-5 Years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment (Shipping/Receiving, Inventory & Production)
- Functional/operational knowledge of Kanban systems
- Minimum 1 year of experience using ERP/MRP systems, preferably Oracle, AS400, MAPICS and Vista
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be able to work in collaborative, team based environment
- Must be able to prioritize competing goals and interests
- Must be able to perform analysis and problem solving to determine the best path forward
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and typing ability
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No