Eaton's Energy Automation Solutions Division is looking for a Senior Power System Engineer. This position is located at our office in St-Bruno-de-Montarville, Quebec.
CYME International T&D is a world-class Power Engineering Solutions provider with an established reputation for customer responsiveness and technical expertise. Our solutions stand behind thousands of T&D projects in over 100 countries around the world. As part of a multidisciplinary development team, the senior power system engineer will participate in the research, design, prototyping, validation and documentation of new features of the CYME software.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we, as individuals and as a company, are stronger.
- Executes complex new product development tasks in power systems.
- Participates in development projects in all power systems engineering development phases: specification analysis, research and development, design, support of software development team during implementation, testing and documentation for CYME power system analysis software.
- Supports software developers and quality assurance team during the development cycle.
- Provides power system expertise team in projects.
- Provides 2nd level of technical support for CYME software users.
Participates in design workshops both locally and at customer sites.
- University degree in electrical engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in relevant role.
- Fluency in English or French.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Relocation is not being offered for this position. Candidates must reside within am 80km-radius of Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Quebec.
University graduate degree in electrical engineering.
University degree from the Institute of Electrical Power Engineering (IEPE).
Knowledge in power system software (e.g. CYME, EMTP).
Knowledge in mathematics: linear algebra and numerical calculations.
Knowledge in programming language: Python.
- Strong problem solving, communication and interpersonal relationships skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time