Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Team Leader you will lead a team of professionals in areas of New Product Engineering, current product engineering and application engineering in Hydraulics Fluid Conveyance products team. You will be expected to strengthen the existing product offerings through introducing technical differentiators and value proposition, also will be responsible for identifying opportunities for cost out & increasing sales margins and support the plants for improving effectiveness.
This position reports to the Hydraulic Manager EEIC and functionally to the EMEA FC Director.
Your key deliverables :
• Providing leadership for the engineering team – coaching & mentoring to team to support the EMEA FC PANP plan (Penetration, Attrition, New Products).
• Manage the projects and activities within stipulated procedure, cost, quality and schedule. Execute Portfolio planning, and project prioritization from EMEA Engineering manager’s direction.
• Utilize sound Engineering judgment to create, apply or approve, drawings, Engineering standards, test reports, FMEA’s, etc
• Utilize DFSS as well as DMAIC tools in the context of product development, product maintenance and various processes to drive variation reduction and continuous improvement.
• Maintain close liaison with Operations and SCM during the development and maintenance of products to insure smooth introductions, conformance to product specifications and cost out execution.
• Implement Scorecard measures to review progress, evaluate results, and initiate change to improve team efficiency.
• Contributes to define and manage a budget which allows the local Engineering group to advance while also falling within profit plan expectations.
• Participate in the creation of technology road map based on Product road map and deploy them within the group and build organization’s capability
• Participate to drive innovation in the group and establish IP through patents, trade secrets and technical publications
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering (or equivalent qualifications) with demonstrated experience (or potential through development plan) in leading technical engineering team/organization.
• 5 to 10 Years of professional design & engineering experience. Engineering supervisor experience with a multinational company or engineering organization will be added advantage.
• Experience related to Fluid Conveyance products
• Thorough knowledge of, PDM /PLM and CAD tools; Product design, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T), Stack Up Demonstrated leadership results through product launches, realized product cost out, continuous improvement for productivity
• Six Sigma certified
• Six Sigma certified
What Eaton offers:
• Team of professionals, opportunity to learn and practice new technologies,
• Focus on technology and innovation instead of struggling with burreau typical for corporate environment,
• Roomy offices, good canteen, space for your creativity, ping pong, and others,
• Annual bonus, multisport card, home office, cycling, sport friendly environment and much more.
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Hydraulics Business to Danfoss A/S. This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Hydraulics Business and would transfer to Danfoss A/S. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Hydraulics Business when the transaction closes, Danfoss A/S will provide further details to employees concerning compensation and benefits at that time.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No