If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Lead Engineer - Power Electronics eMobility in Eaton’s business, based in Pune ,India . In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.This exciting role offers opportunity to:
· Campions innovative solutions for High power inveter design, Converter topologies, Switching methods and control, HV gate driver, isolation design and HV protection; Filters and magnetics design and solid-state device selection;
· Leads project level deliverables in High-Speed Communication Circuits, and Digital and Analog Controls, I/O Interface Circuits and Control Hardware.
· Develops high power density product designs involving electrical / power electronics / hardware design and interface designs. Optimize design for energy efficiency and various performance strategies using physical modeling or simulation tools.
· Develops products to comply performance, functional safety, reliability and cost requirements.
· Writes and maintains product specifications and functional specifications of design solutions for inverter product to meet performance, functional safety and reliability.
· Develops engineering tools and continuously improves operational efficiency.
· Evaluates alternative design solutions to meet product development requirements factoring in performance, cost and schedule. Interface with products teams in EIIC and global locations; act as the liaison for program associated with associated simulation technologies
· Monitors progress and achievements on projects, ensure technical reviews and expert resolution of issues and monitor integration of work.
· Executes projects as per recommendations and in compliance with ASPICE and IATF 16949
· Deploys FMEA/FMEDA process to enhance design robustness. Contribute to continued enhancement of architecture to support additional product features.
· Analyze product test data from customer and investigate, identify, and resolve issues and performance complaints.
· Thorough understanding of digital validation tools and techniues to predict performance of products including flow and thermal simulations, control systems, system architecture, system modeling and tools, Six Sigma (DFSS) expertise.
· Understands technology advancement / market demand by closely working with Sales and Marking team along with the customer support
· Thorough understanding of Functional Safety processes involving Hazard Analysis, Fault tree analysis and linking high level Safety Goals with TSRs(Technical Safety Requirements).
· Provide customer facing support and solve customer problems. Develop understanding of marketplace for systems and services by closely working with Sales and Marking team along with the customer support.
· Engage and contribute on multiple programs, adjacent to your technical expertise and be part of cross-functional teams. Consult on various other programs which require your domain knowledge
· Capture the knowledge in the form of publications. Contribute to industry technical papers and conferences in power electronics domain
· Keeps track of latest power electronics, battery technology and controls strategies. Applies knowledge to grid-tie power conversion applications.
· Possesses a broad strategic vision of the division’s future products and services and provides consultation in the chosen area of expertise with a strong system level understanding. Be a signatory for major deliverables / program.
· Represent organization in different external forums, chair technical conferences and be a member of external technical forum committee.
· Masters in Electrical / Power Electronics engineering with industry experience of over 10 years and proven track record in engineering research / analysis / product design in HV DC-AC inverter Power electronics.
- Experience in new product development projects and in the field of power electronics.
- Knowledge of quality standards and certifications (IATF 16949, ISO9001, ISO14001)
- Excellent mastery of FMEA method for the design of new products
- Experience in hybrid / vehicle electrification
- Experience in ISO 26262 functional safety processes.
- Experience in following tools - MATLAB/Simulink, PSpice/ LT Spice/ Simetrix, PSIM/SABER
- Experience in product reliability and durability w.r.t environmental specifications and customer duty cycles
- Understanding of DFSS tools like FMEA, FMECA, Monte Carlo Analysis etc
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time