Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Sr. Production Associate, Mission Critical, Closeout and Shipping- 1st shift join our team. This position will be located in the building across the street from the main Eaton Sumter plant.
The Senior Production Associate will be a flexible resource between assembly in the switchboard closeout area and shipping. You will be responsible for packing and shipping customer orders and completing transactions in Eaton systems to maintain accurate inventory. You will effectively communicate and work with members of a team to complete your job function and meet safety, quality, and productivity goals.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- You will contribute to a safe, engaged and inclusive work culture by complying with all policies, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment, and performing 5S duties.
- You will work from manufacturing information such as front views, bill of materials, drawings, blueprints, order entry systems, and oral or written instructions in order to assemble switchboards/panelboards and proactively identify missing components.
- You will utilize various hand tools and a tape measure to accurately measure and install material by closely following established procedures for completing assigned function.
- You will compare shipping order to identify units and/or material for shipment and utilize the computer to look up and print job specific details. Select and prepare paperwork, commercial invoices, custom papers, shipping lists, instruction booklet, etc.
- You will pack, create and band equipment, parts, materials, products and accessories to minimize damage during shipment. Apply carton labels, stickers, stencils as required by shipping orders, instructions, drawings, etc.
- You will solicit driver contact information (i.e. cell numbers, name, etc.) and provide them with job site contact information, delivery hours, call ahead requirements, etc.
- You will proactively identify opportunities for process improvement as well as complete root cause analysis in response to issues with quality or production.
- You will be responsible for quality, including visual inspections of material before shipping, identifying nonconforming parts, and troubleshooting errors.
- You will cross train and stand in for other employees/job functions when necessary.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must possess a Commerical Driver’s license (CDL) to be considered.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Sumter, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Current or prior certification in operation of forklifts used to transport and locate equipment and materials to required areas.
- Experience with Eaton systems including order entry (Vista), material management (DMM), MRP/ERP (AS400)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem solving skills with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach at or above shoulder level; grip; and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop; lift; carry; push; pull; and grip. The employee is frequently required to lift/carry up to 35 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to or greater than 35 pounds. The vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and color discrimination. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to listen and to talk.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No