Eaton’s eMobility Division is currently seeking an Engineering Manager – Core Products to join our team. This position is based at our Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada. Relocation assistance will be provided within hiring country only.
At Eaton, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment with power management technologies that are innovative, efficient, reliable and safe. Making power management work takes the passion and creativity of all our employees around the world. This passion inspired the creation of the new Eaton eMobility segment, combining our deep expertise in vehicle and electric power to deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles, helping to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for eMobility’s Core Products engineering group. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the engineering team’s performance against defined targets per established practices and policies, and accountable for the financial budgets of the engineering teams and projects.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Lead engineering teams in multiple locations and provide direct technical leadership on new product development projects, VAVE projects, sustaining engineering, product launch, customer support, and manufacturing support
- Manage resources, direct staff, functional reports, contractors, R&D and capital budgets
- Work with PMs, Sales, and customers to define, design, and develop new products / features
- Technical knowledge of firmware and electronic design methodologies, specifically agile design
- Ownership of system architecture evolution in line with the product roadmap for strategic growth
- Engineering process development and improvement for higher efficiency and quality of work
- Stakeholder management with regular reporting and communications on status and risks
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required
- 10 years’ experience in engineering team lead role
- 5 years of management experience
- 5 years’ experience in industrial or automotive product design
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or MBA
- Experience with financial responsibility, budgeting, P&L for an engineering department
- Experience in electronics hardware and software design
- 3 years’ experience in leading mechanical design
- Experience in compliance / certifications e.g. CE, FCC, IP ratings, automotive electrical testing, mechanical testing
- Experience working with global teams
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas, concepts to technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to convert customer and stakeholder feedback into specification and design documentation
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, get results and drive changes through others to meet tight deadlines and deliver to targets.
- Engage in engineering activities to get the job done where necessary
- Knowledge and experience of engineering design methodologies, Agile design methods and implementation
- Knowledge or experience with stage-gate product development processes
- Familiar with DFMEA, Design for Quality, Design for Manufacturing
- Experience with CAN network, embedded firmware design, dedicated RTOS and Linux OS development
- Experience with software design process and tools, such as code collator tools, code review processes
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time