Eaton’s Hydraulic Sector is currently seeking Plant Controller to join our team. This position is based at our Van Wert, OH facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The plant controller serves as the finance business partner to the plant manager and leadership team. The Plant Controller is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the Financial department and the various systems within. The Plant Controller will maintain knowledge of all financial and inventory details and provide information, primarily financial in nature, about all facility activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company’s future.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Oversee internal and external reporting and compliance (Sarbanes-Oxley, GAAP, etc.) for the site
- Prepares reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position and in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
- Provide direction to operations and leadership teams in pursuit of business goals and objectives
- Establish strong relationship with financial peers across the division and support teams within Eaton
- Build organizational capability within the finance function
- Ensure inventory control and accuracy, and lead the annual Physical Inventory and cycle counting initiatives.
- Lead and coordinate the profit planning process at the plant level.
- Analyze plant monthly financial results and prepare commentary for divisional personnel.
- Provide analysis and support of plant manufacturing and administrative activities to meet profit plan goals, commitments and timelines.
- Establish and implement accounting policies and procedures that safeguard the company assets.
- Assess, select, and develop talent. Establish a work environment that encourages individual career development and growth in order to provide adequate and qualified financial professionals opportunity for advancement within the corporation. Structure and establish goals and objectives for the plant finance organization, which align to plant/operational goals as well as finance functional goals.
- As a member of the leadership team, sets overall plant policies and procedures to ensure effective operations consistent with the Eaton Business System, Values and Philosophy.
- Fosters an environment which promotes Eaton’s goals, values and philosophy, encourages continuous improvement and builds customer relationships.
- As a member of the leadership team, embrace Corporate, Group, and Divisional initiatives i.e. EBE, EBS, ELS, QOS, APEX, MESH, EPWP, etc.
- Deploy lean techniques & other cost reduction activities throughout the organization
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Hydraulics Business to Danfoss A/S.. This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Hydraulics Business and would transfer to Danfoss A/S. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Hydraulics Business when the transaction closes, Danfoss A/S will provide further details to employees concerning compensation and benefits at that time.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum seven (7) years of professional experience in accounting and/or financial analysis
- Minimum two (2) years of manager of people experience
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance from an accredited institution
- MBA, CPA, and/or CMA
- Manufacturing accounting background and understanding of financial accounting systems
- MS Office Skills
- ERP and business process knowledge
- Oracle, QAD/MFG-Pro, and/or Khalix experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Superior analytical and thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Technical capability to prepare, analyze, and interpret financial and operations data/reports
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate financial policies, procedures, and systems
- Working knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Working knowledge of pronouncements of external regulatory bodies, such as Financial Accounting Standards Board, SEC, IRS, etc. Sarbanes-Oxley knowledge.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time