(Location: Cerkezkoy - Tekirdag)
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As Operational Excellence (OpEx) Manager, you will be responsible for functioning as a key part of the Plant Leadership teams of Cerkezkoy, will provide overall Operational Excellence leadership to the organization covering the following functions:
- Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing
- Advanced Manufacturing
You will drive the continuous improvement efforts throughout the operation in support of Eaton Quality Management System, Advanced Manufacturing, Eaton Lean Six Sigma and the Eaton Business System. You will provide continuous improvement of products, processes and procedures thereby improving product quality and driving out waste from the business to achieve cost out objectives in collaboration with the Plant Leadership Team. You will also lead several strategic and key Operational Excellence initiatives such Eaton Model Plant Status, World Class Manufacturing (WCM).
Your key deliverables:
- Driving to improved results in the areas of product quality, cycle time and cost competitiveness.
- Responsible for working with Plant and regional leadership in identifying high-priority areas for improvement from annual Plant level value Stream Mapping rounds ensuring ELSS efforts are aligned to and fully support Profit Plan and Strategic Plan goals.
- Being a real catalyst between the functional departments of the plant to ensure teamwork, continuous improvement and functional competencies.
- Work towards process excellence based on value stream improvement plans, technology upgrade, improvement of key manufacturing processes.
- Improve the cost base within the plant, especially focus on further reducing scrap, process waste and shop floor productivity.
- Champion of OpEx-related programs, tools and methods, including CIF, ELSS, OpA, EBSA.
- Ensure that Polimer business (offices and operations) comply with applicable Eaton, customer and industry-specific OpEx requirements by conducting the necessary audits and assessments and determine system effectiveness (Quality, EHS, ELSS).
- Analyze key OpEx-related operational metrics related to both the Balanced Scorecard and customer systems and perform periodical reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps at an operational level.
- Alignment and support of the EHS-related activities to further drive towards Zero Incidents
- Continually improve the capability of the OpEx organization through ongoing development activities and identification of talent to promote functional bench strength.
- Degree: qualified or equivalent in an engineering
- Analytical/Statistical Tools & Methods - Knowledge of a wide range of problem solving tools & methods, including statistics, combined with the ability to select & apply them to make data based decisions to sustain higher levels of process or product quality. Six Sigma experience required to Green-belt level.
- Lean Six Sigma Sustainability – experience of developing, deploying and maintaining site or multi site Lean/Six Sigma strategies, resulting in implementation plans with SMART goals that are linked to business strategy and profit plans and visible improvement of shop floor organization and appearance over time (5S, SUR, flow).
- Lean Tools - Intimate knowledge and ability to customize the deployment of Lean and transfer the knowledge of Lean based upon differing business environments through communications, training and Kaizen events.
- Excellent business acumen - with focus on operational management, beyond the area of OpEx (financial reporting and analysis, Materials Management, EHS, Capital planning). A previous plant manager position is desirable but not a firm pre-requisite.
- Operations Processes - general operations processes capability and understanding of how manufacturing process decisions and logistics strategies integrate and support the business strategy. Multiple-year experience in manufacturing necessary. Ideally, experience in the rubber/hose manufacturing industry.
- Communications - A fluent and highly articulate communicator with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills. Needs to be an integrator and mediator across the local organization. Strong ability in English essential. Experienced in working in a matrix and highly complex manufacturing environment with strong ability to work and lead efficiently while multi-tasking using multiple leadership capabilities at the same time.
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
- Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
(Candidate selected for the vacancy will be subject of a background screening)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD FCD
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time