(Location: Sincan - Ankara)
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As Quality and Systems Manager, you will be responsible for the management direction and coordination of a quality organization for two sites (Ankara Sincan & Ankara Temelli) and one smaller ‘Late Point Definition’-site in Indonesia. This includes the overall responsibility for leading the quality plant teams in driving performance and deploying the Eaton Quality Management System (EQS), supporting and improving the Power Distribution Division (PDD) Quality System and maintaining Eaton Business System (EBS).
You will assure conformance of products and processes in accordance with the internal and external standards / test instructions and customer requirements. It starts with R&D, internal manufacturing, is linked through incoming inspection to suppliers, continues in assembly with several quality gates and ends after the products are installed at our customers.
You will provide leadership to meet all customer requirements and drive performance to achieve or exceed quality related plans and strategic goals.
You will leverage resources, motivate teams and create a continuous improvement spirit across all sites to have a high performance- and team-based culture achieving world class quality levels is essential.
Your key deliverables:
- Prepare, initiate, communicate, participate, execute, review and control to ensure achievement of the Integrated Management System according ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 50001 and ISO 22301 certificates (set-up, improvement and certification incl. maintenance of the process-model, -datasheets and all IMS documents).
- Must work consistently to maintain & improve safe and healthy working conditions, to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent defects and waste. Basically drive a Quality (EQS) program throughout the Operations but also extended value stream and develop a strong ‘Zero Defect’ culture.
- Provide leadership to ensure achievement of plant objectives across all sites (some examples below):
- Eaton Business System (EBS), Eaton Quality System (EQS) & OpA EQS functional quality element – implementation, execution and adherence
- Meet or exceed H5-goals esp. CONC (Cost of Non-Conformance) in every site; achieve and sustain world class levels
- Monitor and report monthly key quality metrics (internal DPPM, external warranty DPPM, external supplier DPPM, Failure rate, …) per site using EPM or other tools. Use status and trends, start and drive corrective actions & improvement processes
- Profit plan, Capital Plan, Departmental Budgets, CONC projects, idea management systems, overtime reduction, 5S+, value stream maps, standard work, visual management
- Support and actively participate continuous improvement activities on cost structure (fix & variable) and reducing/minimizing waste
- Strategic Plans in alignment with divisional and group quality strategies. Alignment and driving the key strategic quality Goals and Key Strategic Initiatives (KSIs) from corporate, region and division within the relevant product groups (e.g. system-, supplier-, manufacturing-, engineering, and customer quality)
- Performance Management, Organizational Capability Assessment, Quality Matrix Ladder, succession- and development planning
- In case any goals are not met, implement corrective actions with respective teams to go back on track
- Develop and analyze customer data and product / process performance information to recommend and implement improvement of the quality metrics for all relevant products. Drive, maintain and improve the test planning for existing and new products.
- Coordinate all internal and customer inspections to assure timely and complete shipments of orders – support OTD commitments.
- Drive, train and support the problem-solving culture through usage of FMEA, control plans, APQP, PPAP, 8D, A3, Quality Review Boards, VSM, 5S+, DMR, WISPER, etc. That includes collaboration within the Product lines with R&D, Manufacturing Engineering, CI, etc. in quality issues.
- Organize, conduct and review internal audits (according to ISO requirements), process audits (according to EQS requirements) and external supplier audits.
- Organize and support the execution of a yearly Management Review.
- Support the divisional organization as an internal auditor for Integrated Management Systems (IMS) and support the regional quality community as an Operational Assessment EQS subcategory Expert & Assessor.
- Drive the Complaint Management (analyze and Corrective & Improvement process) and coordinate the quality improvement projects and communication the outcome and recommendations / actions of this process.
- Manage the measuring, calibration and control of devices used to perform certain jobs along the value chain.
- Assurance of monitoring of raw materials quality and complaint handling of possible deviations from the standard.
- Support Six Sigma projects and reviews (initiate implementation & training of Green and Black Belts).
- Build Organizational Capability through empowering functional areas while providing overall direction and accountability in accordance with the Eaton Values and Philosophies.
- Maintain and improve employee relationships with all plant employees by supporting the Eaton Philosophy of Excellence through People. Create an environment to engage employees and ensure high levels of employee satisfaction. Ensure appropriate, effective and timely functional communication in alignment with the Eaton Values and Philosophy both internal and external to the plant.
- Support the successfully implementation of new products, or projects, acting in NPD and STP projects as a function expert (e.g. APQP requirements, QSA, PPAP, QRB …) and in the role as gate keeper or DGC member.
- Support an efficient product audit process to provide evidence for the fulfillment of legal and standards requirements.
- Create an atmosphere and provide leadership that allows each department member to utilize his/her full potential to accomplish plant and divisional objectives.
- Ensure PDD’s competitive advantage for quality and service excellence is maintained for the customer base; ensure that all customer expectations are met in every aspect.
- Provide input on new product development priorities and portfolio management.
- Participate in BCM [Business Continuity Management] activities.
- Ensure that any potential ‘out of control’ processes impacting business continuity or workforce safety are addressed immediately / reported / escalated for rectification.
- Ensure that policies, procedures and other documentation are established to provide for consistent and professional operation of all organizational functions.
- Coordinate and assist with corporate initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices across PDD, EMEA and Eaton Corp.
- Foster an environment of Employee Engagement by embracing Continuous Improvement culture tools.
- Ensure compliance with all government, financial, environmental and labor regulations.
- Develop a personal learning and development ensuring all team members are fully informed and equipped to deliver maximum performance.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to deal with labor relations issues as they arise within the respective area.
- Build a high-performance culture and organizational capability in line with the BOC goals of the organization, developing early talent in an inclusive and diverse organization and appropriate levels of succession planning to ensure business sustainability and growth.
- Lead the reporting teams to appropriate business culture transformations including Leadership attributes; Culture starts with you / me.
- Doing business right at all times and the role must act as a company steward on ensuring full compliance around the business governance systems and business ethics for self and accountable teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from an accredited institution required.
- Proven experience in a manufacturing environment (in a volatile and high mix industry such as aerospace, automotive, white goods etc), at least 7-10 years in a leadership role in Quality function
- Experience in electrical design, application and/or testing would be a plus
- Ability to read and interpret detailed engineering data including customer specifications, and ISO Standards
- Knowledge and experience of local and international standards like ISO / QMS and a proven track record in applying them successfully.
- Trained as a Quality Manager and internal auditor, knowledge in cross-functional IMS competencies.
- Knowledge of APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, FMEA, 8D, Minitab, etc.
- Experienced in project management
- Is proactive and takes initiative (creates projects, etc.).
- Has the ability to develop, train and assess internal and external suppliers.
- Experienced in Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills.
- Strong analytical- and problem-solving skills with a focus on achieving results with a proven track record.
- Experience with change management (leading & executing).
- Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Proven track record of building organizational capability and talent through effective recruiting, training, coaching, development and optimizing organizational design.
- Focus on developing oneself including all teams to maintain a progressive understanding and alignment with market, customer, competition, technology and business needs & trends.
- Has the ability to communicate and coordinate, to resist pressure and lead different teams.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Must possess good senior communication skills (verbal, written) in Turkish & English to be able to interact with employees at all levels and represent the Eaton Plants internally and externally. Comfortable with public speaking.
- Six Sigma Green- and/or Blackbelt certification preferred
- Knowledge in standards for management systems (IMS approach)
- Experience with Lean, Health & Safety tools and processes
- Willingness to travel in EMEA as well as globally
- SAP-knowledge is a plus
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ESSD Electrical Solutions and Services Div EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time