Product Manager - Certified Products
Location(s): ALDRIDGE (UK) and/or NOUAN LE FUZELIER (FRANCE)
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS :
The primary function is to provide a product portfolio and related sales tools to grow sales of glands, conduits and accessories. Focus is in specific defined product hierarchies, primarily in the certified products used in restricted locations. There is also a focus on the Nuclear Vertical Market Segment.
This is achieved by:
• Defining and supporting the implementation of the strategic direction for the Product in association with the wider strategic direction. Taking account of product lifecycle, channel and driving preference.
• Gaining and assisting others in the development of key Voice of the Customer. local market intelligence and regulatory requirements in relation to the designated region and key verticals to further penetrate new verticals and outgrow the market in existing markets.
• Defining the requirements from other business teams (R&D, Marcom and Operations) to ensure the best & most timely use of resources / campaigns to best overall business impact
• Liaise & leverage the sales team to drive sales through a combination of support and accountability providing both a push and a pull approach of management instruction and ease of success"
Essential functions :
• Gain market understanding, including competition analysis, benchmarking and Voice of Customer
• Contribute to New Product Development process in cooperation with wider Product Management team providing market specific requirements linked with local certification and market VOC
• Lead and implement pricing strategy in coordination with other interested parties
• Provides support for special quotes, key accounts and project management and facilitate accountability in sales team
• Manages and maintains relevant product and Marketing data to satisfy business and customer needs
• Leads training (both internal and external) and support sales team through sales training or key account visits
• Participates in specific marcom activities: supporting local exhibitions, promotions, catalogue/leaflets, demo material in liaison with the sales org marcom team
• Stay abreast of Intellectual Property processes and policies
• Stay current with emerging technology and competitive trends
• Develop competitive product analyses (tear downs, benchmarking, competitors’ product comparison for sales).
• Help deploy strategic pricing policies for all products, based on an understanding of Eaton’s value pricing methods and given pricing policies and the central pricing policy within the Product Line
• Deploy and improve the product range in alignment with vertical strategic segments with a strong focus on establishing a strong position in new markets.
Are you ?
Years and area of experience required :
Minimum of 3 years product management and/or business management experience, Demonstrated experience in developing business strategy, planning, and budgeting, Analytical skills are key and being able to gather, analyze and conclude from data, Knowledge of key influences such as end users, contractor and distribution channels, Existing knowledge of the same or similar restrictions is an advantage. In particular ATEX / IECEx / UL. Also experience of working in the Nuclear segment would be a massive benefit.
Technical knowledge :
Knowledge of Product Line and application principles to define customer needs, differentiators and bring to market, Ability to engage in highly technical sales and find simple solutions to complex problems, Strong technical aptitude and ability to work with both commercial and tactical issues simultaneously, Proficient in PowerPoint and other key presentation software
Soft skills :
Strong presentation and training capabilities, Ability to work across divisions within Eaton Corp and function within a large multinational, Highly motivated and proven ability to operate in a matrix environment leveraging appropriate resources, Other personal qualities required are leadership, well developed presentation and communication skills, an organized approach, ability to identify and manage priorities and the ability to work alone and to be self-motivated, Able to gain close but ethical proximity to our customers, gaining key VOC information, Self-motivated, accepts ownership for results, takes initiative and will challenge status quo, Interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to coordinate / manage people w/o reporting relationships, Fluency in English is a must.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time