The Marketing Director for the Filtration Division has responsibility for product management, marketing communications, sales support, employee communications, market analysis, voice of the customer, strategic planning and business development. The primary objective for this position is to drive profitable growth for the division through both organic and inorganic strategies. The secondary objective is to develop product and branding strategies to improve Eaton’s competitive position in the filtration industry.
- Leads the strategic planning process for the Filtration Division. Responsibility includes analyzing market trends, competitor activity, and customer needs, identifying growth opportunities, facilitating strategic discussions within the business and communicating the strategy.
- Leads the assessment of new markets to help identify competencies, products, and services required to succeed in the space. Responsible for developing the business case to enter new markets.
- Supports business development strategy, pipeline development and due diligence for acquisitions and alliances. Manages strategic alliances as appropriate.
- Leads the creation of the annual marketing plan along with development of marketing materials, sales tools, trade show participation and advertising strategy to support growth initiatives and branding strategy. Includes administration of the annual budget.
- Responsible for leadership of all customer facing digital tools for the filtration business including OneEaton, Product Data Hub, Power Source and e-commerce initiatives.
- Supports the Filtration leadership team in the development and deployment of the internal division communication plan.
- Responsible for managing media relationships in the filtration industry.
- Leads the customer survey process for the division (CRR).
- Responsible for building product management excellence in the filtration division.
- Supports sales and engineering functions in building the new product development funnel including effective voice of the customer research and development of robust business cases to support investments.
- Supports engineering and program management in ensuring the success of new product development projects.
- Provides leadership in development of product roadmaps and managing product rationalization efforts
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or marketing from an accredited institution
Master’s degree from an accredited institution
Minimum of 8 years related work experience
Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing
Minimum of 3 years of experience as a manager of people
Advanced understanding of fluid filtration
Work experience in mergers and acquisitions
Work experience at S&P 500 companies
Global marketing experience
Requires superior analytical and thinking skills, intellectual rigor and curiosity and problem-solving capability.
Requires strong business acumen, collaboration and leadership skills.
Experience gathering VOC and designing effective marketing messages.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time