Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Facilities Maintenance Mechanic I to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
The primary function of this role is under minimal supervision, performs mid to expert level mechanical, electrical, and systems troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance on equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturer's manuals, diagrams, schematics and sketches.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Perform novice level break-fix/preventative maintenance to drive machine up-time and ensure production schedules are met
- Report to the facilities manager and works closely with technicians and manufacturing engineers
- Conduct periodic machine lubrication, coolant changes, chip removal, light bulb replacement, and change/clean filters per schedule
- Assemble devices received in kit form such as furniture and shelving units.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of control systems circuitry.
- Construct and alter physical facilities to accommodate changes or improvements.
- Possibly be required to setup and operate multiple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of Maintenance experience or Maintenance degree/certification
Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Minimum of two (2) years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in machining, metal working and welding machines
- Complies with all national and local safety and environmental standards, guidelines and policies by driving EBS/World class workforce initiatives such as ISO14001 and/or applicable regional initiatives.
- Understanding of how to use precision gauging instruments.
- Ability to proactively work with other team members under limited supervision.
- This position requires standing and/or walking for an entire eight – twelve hours.
- Ability to comprehend and follow technical standards and maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of operating lift truck, material handling equipment, man lifts and hand tools.
- This job requires working daily with lubricants and solvents.
- Proven ability to run a machine with multiple settings or specifications
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and drawings.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No