Eaton’s Commercial and Residential Distribution Solutions division is currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join our team. This position is based at our Lincoln, IL facility.
The Human Resources Generalist will develop, implement and administer Human Resources policies, practices, strategies and services. This position is a key role in the smooth operation of the department in the Lincoln, IL. Assure all Human Resources activities are compatible with progressive corporate values and mission. Counsel and influence management/leadership regarding policies, practices, laws and regulations and monitor application to insure positive and equitable employee relations. Plan, develop and implement employee communication, recognition and motivational programs that enhance the working environment and aid in attracting and retaining superior talent.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Provide accurate and private information to employees and others regarding HR and Employee Services policies/processes.
- Prepare major correspondence (reports, grievance and complaint responses, etc.); coordinate compilation of information; review and edit a variety of documents.
- Maintain all private HR files.
- Lead the attendance tracking and leave management processing for our employees
- Assist with: hiring, employee and labor relations, professional development, compensation, position classification, training, equal employment, complaint investigations, and adherence to district policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide support and assistance for inclusion and diversity goals and programs.
- Assist employees and supervisors to resolve employment related issues; strong emphasis on positive employee relations and problem solving.
- Process and monitor a variety of private Human Resources and payroll documents for new and current employees; reviews and monitors paper and online HR documents; verifies documents for accuracy and compliance with policy, and federal and state guidelines; prepares and monitors payroll documents to include temporary employee new hire packets, I-9, and various position assignments
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of HR experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment. Demonstrated experience and skill working with highly confidential/sensitive information
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with others from very broadly defined backgrounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication and conflict resolution skills
- Must possess the ability to exercise independent judgment and take initiative
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to organize, set priorities and coordinate activities
- Knowledge and understanding of federal and state regulations with respect to labor law, FMLA/ADA, EEO/AA, OSHA and worker’s compensation.
- May need to enter employment information using various online systems: HRMS and AS400; maintains department spreadsheets; respond to inquiries regarding human resources & payroll policies and procedures.
- Assist with a variety of HR projects and initiatives, using project management tools.
- Ensures compliance with and administers the collective bargaining agreement. Works closely with the Chief Steward and other union leadership to maintain a favorable labor climate.
- Provides counsel, advice and direction to personnel in the disposition of human resource issues in keeping with applicable laws, policies and procedures. Recommends and administers discipline as appropriate.
- Provides assistance in preparation for collective bargaining.
- Performs special projects as assigned by the Human Resources Manager.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS RESI Residential
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time