Eaton’s eMobility division is currently seeking a Software Integration Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Southfield, MI facility.
At Eaton, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment with power management technologies that are innovative, efficient, reliable and safe. Making power management work takes the passion and creativity of all our employees around the world. This passion inspired the creation of the new Eaton eMobility segment, combining our deep expertise in vehicle and electric power to deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles, helping to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world
The Software Integration Manager for eMobility reports directly to the Global Director of Engineering. The manager directly and indirectly leads global software engineering teams to architect, design, develop, integrate and test software for complex automotive power electronics components and systems. The manager establishes and drives the development of robust AutoSAR configuration, agile/continuous integration practices for all product life cycle activities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Lead a matrix organization to develop automotive software and controls for each stage of the product life cycle including requirement, design, development, validation, and production.
- Evaluate software and system technical requirements and propose a high-level software design and architecture.
- Elaborate the high-level design into a detailed design and execution plan.
- Prepares project estimates for software and systems related resources.
- Builds organizational capability by identifying gaps and building a team or leveraging external resources to address.
- Direct software engineering leads to implement and configure AUTOSAR embedded software for power electronic components.
- Lead a matrix team to diagnose, troubleshoot, and support AUTOSAR embedded software system (OS, RTE, BSW modules) and application software components.
- Support the team in the definition of cybersecurity, over-the-air and microprocessor requirements.
- Supports both customer committed programs and acquisition projects.
- Leads communication to internal and external stakeholders on AUTOSAR, embedded SW and SW integration
- Organizes meetings, prepares presentation material and drives agenda
- Prepares technical decision options as input for the change control board and for management escalation
- Plan technical work packages (content/schedule/quality) according to the overall project schedule
- Plan and execute product/system releases according to defined schedule
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 10 years in automotive software development
- Minimum of 3 years in embedded software and SW integration
- Minimum of 3 years in AUTOSAR
- Minimum of 10 years in engineering product development
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of Southfield, MI. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- MBA or Masters in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 15 years in automotive software development
- 5 years in embedded software and SW integration
- 5 years in AUTOSAR
- 15 years in engineering product development
- 3 years in the eMobility space
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time