Join Eaton’s Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking an IT Project Manager for our Business Intelligence Center of Excellence (BICOE) team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role as an IT Project Manager you will:
Plan, control and execute project requirements following Eaton-prescribed process (PROLaunch-IT and PMBOK) to ensure business objectives are met.
- Work with Resource Managers to staff projects.
Define and communicate roles for project team members (functional-technical).
Establish project budget, track spend and communicate current and project burn rates.
Work with customers and technical resources to develop project plans, detailing work break down structures and critical path.
- Ensure that requirements are contained within defined scope.
Perform risk management planning, risk identification and mitigation.
- Manage customer and external supplier deliverables.
Develop communication strategies and lead communications with key stakeholders.
Document and drive issues through resolution, escalating to customer, supplier and IT management as necessary.
Involves working in a highly matrixed organization spanning domestic and international locations.
- Perform vendor management and contract negotiations and reviews.
- Involves complex process and organizational change management.
Deliver projects for the Business Intelligence (BI) group in application technologies like Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Qlikview, Product / Customer Master Data Management, Data Lake, Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) to name a few.
- Providing project leadership by adhering to standard departmental policies, processes and documentation guidelines for project delivery
- Defining and communicating roles and responsibilities for project team members – functional and technical
- Developing project plans including detailing work breakdown structures and critical path
- Working with customers and technical resources to develop project schedule and detailed cost breakdowns
- Performing risk management planning, risk identification and mitigation planning
- Ensuring sign-off on all major system deliverables by stakeholders
- Developing communication strategies and leading communications with mid-level or first line leaders and key stakeholders
- Monitoring and reporting on schedule and budget variances
- Ensuring quality delivery of team member tasks in accordance to the plan
- Developing communication strategies and leading communications with senior executives (VP, Directors and Officers) and key stakeholders globally.
- Managing third party suppliers.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 7 years’ Project Management experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Beachwood, OH will be considered.
- Master’s Degree
- PMP certificate
- Experience using Waterfall, Agile Project Management approaches
- Successfully led major enterprise system implementations, preferably in large, multi-national organizations. BI, Data Warehouse, and or MDM projects preferred.
- Working knowledge with BI technologies Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Qlikview, Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), Customer / Product Master Data Management, Big Data / IoT, Data Lake
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time