Eaton’s Fuel and Motion Control Systems Division of Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer. This position is based at our Euclid, OH facility.
The Euclid facility has approximately 400 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace Fuel Pumping components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
The Manufacturing Engineer leads Manufacturing Engineering for the assigned High-Performance Work Team and executes lean manufacturing improvement activities. Executes strategic vision related to assigned functional responsibilities to include Cost out / overhead optimization, CONC/DPPM reduction and leads Continuous improvement activities related to productivity and waste reduction improvements. Interface as necessary with internal Customers, Supply Chain, Engineering, ELSS and other disciplines to assure safety, quality, and cost control.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Interact with Design Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain teams to ensure design for manufacturability of new products. Participate in design review process, and act as a liaison for products from inception through shipment to customer.
- Develop, prepare and maintain complete cost-efficient manufacturing processes for product hardware of above average complexity in order to meet/exceed the departmental goals of L.U., MPS, scrap and lead time. Understand shop capacity planning related to equipment, processes and manning. Must be mindful of process and test capabilities and recognize organizational core competencies. Assists others in root cause and failure analysis as required.
- Design and implement routers, operations sketches, fixturing, and gages for safe and efficient manufacturing, assembly, inspection and test of custom-engineered aerospace hardware. Develop and implement: test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, procedure/work instructions, training materials, technical publications (CMMs).
- Provide support to floor issues with respect to the assigned Value Stream. Implement methods and practices to reduce variation. Develop root cause and corrective actions to resolve issues involving discrepant product or material. Demonstrate ability to understand source(s) variation and identify impact of tolerance stacks in assemblies.
- Promote culture of Continuous Improvement and understand lean manufacturing techniques as they apply to eliminate waste and deliver products to customer’s expectations. Drive short-term and long-term improvements to achieve goals outlined on Value Stream Maps. Participate and leads/facilitates kaizen events and High-Performance Work Team activities. Works on set-up reduction, Standard Work, 5S, and problem-solving activities (including support the Six-Sigma activities).
- Determine all tooling, gauging, programing, and equipment requirements. Conduct time studies, evaluate and maintain time standards.
- Participate in the procurement and
start-up of new capital equipment (including payback and net present value
analysis) for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing
technologies as required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 2 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the Euclid, OH facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Minimum 5 years engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 2 years of assembly experience within manufacturing engineering.
- Design manufacturing experience.
- Operations or manufacturing engineering experience.
- Experience in the use of Catia, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and familiarity with G&M Code.
- Excellent communication, people and problem-solving skills.
- Sound manufacturing background (Processing, Programming, Assembly, and Tooling).
- Excellent working knowledge of SPC and Six-Sigma principles.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time