Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Lincoln, Illinois plant. Relocation assistance will be provided.
This position may be for either 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift.
- 1st shift 7:00am-3:30pm
- 2nd shift 3:30pm-12:00am
- 3rd shift 10:30pm-7:00am
The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing department(s) of employees in the assembly or fabrication of products for Eaton customers. The primary objectives will be to achieve results on the High 5 metrics (safety, quality, on-time-delivery, inventory, productivity), drive employee engagement, and develop the team to continuously improve.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Direct and manages production activities involved in the assembly or fabrication of final products. Maintains production schedules at the most economical cost, keeping quality at a high standard.
- Drive accountability in the production area while influencing your team to achieve defined metrics and goals.
- Plan and organizes material flow through processes for effective and efficient utilization of machinery and employees.
- Assist in the selection, training and development of production personnel and participates in their performance evaluation and development. Addresses areas of concern with employees to promote excellent performance.
- Complete all daily reports, for payroll and production reporting purposes. Monitors inventory and scrap in the department.
- Maintain safe working conditions and assures that all safety rules and OSHA regulations are enforced.
- Keep all activities within company policies and in line with union contract.
- Work with employees, employee teams and co-workers on all process improvement, safety improvement and cost reduction projects to improve effectiveness, process and job knowledge.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with 1 year of experience in manufacturing, engineering, customer service or operations OR High School Diploma/ GED from an accredited institution with 3 years of manufacturing, engineering, customer service or operations experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Prior direct supervisory experience a plus
- Prior military experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Lean and Continuous Improvement
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS RESI Residential
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time