Eaton's Global Financial Services and Systems (GFSS) team has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Functional Financial Analyst. This position is based in Beachwood, OH.
This role will assist in the support for all aspects of the accounts receivable process related activities in SAP (i.e., Cash Applications, Netting, Period end Closing, Credit Card Processing, Remittance Processing, Customer Account Maintenance (New and Existing), Tracking and Monitoring, Funds Transfers, Customer Service Requests (processing and management), Bank File Interfaces) for the global function of Eaton's (GFSS).
The analyst will also work with Oracle counterparts to ensure process alignment. Smaller project participation includes drafting of functional requirements, coordination of functional overviews with technical resources, serving as functional subject matter expert to address questions, completing data validation and communication to other functional teams in support of project deliverables. Larger project participation would include review of functional requirements, guidance on solution approach, and assistance with testing and other data validation requirements in support of project timelines and deliverables. All project responsibilities, regardless of size, would also include elements of coordinating maintenance, documentation, and final implementation of changes to the SAP system, boundary systems, Eaton customizations, and automated job scheduling with the appropriate functional and technical support teams.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Provide subject matter expertise in GFSS applications and serves as the liaison between the Finance functional team and IT technical teams and suppliers, leveraging their SAP systems and set-ups knowledge.
- Work with Global Process Leaders (GPLs) and Change Control Board (CCB) as required to gain approval for changes in accordance with SOX and governance controls, USGAAP, and local/statutory requirements.
- Execute and test approved changes in coordination with the Quality Assurance (QA) Test team, GFSS Process teams, and IT teams.
- Ensure SAP system controls to provide compliance to laws and regulations including USGAAP, statutory/Local GAAP, IFRS, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), trade regulations, and Eaton financial policies.
- Review and maintain all SAP OTC-related Control Narrative documentation and participate in the review of these narratives with the GFSS Accounting and compliance team along with internal and external audit.
- Ensure adherence to the established Process/Policy enablers related to accounts receivable activities identifying and escalating deviations to be discussed with Center Leaders and GFSS
- Participate in SAP implementation / enhancement projects, perform analysis of proposed process / system changes and provide knowledge & input on system implications of process changes with a focus on OTC process.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in accounts receivable
- Minimum one (1) years of SAP experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beachwood, OH will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience with financial systems
- Experience with financial system maintenance, implementations, and troubleshooting
- SAP FICO functional and technical systems experience, preferably Accounts Receivable related.
- Combination of functional and technical understanding of SAP, providing liaison between Finance and IT teams.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAFSC North America Financial Services Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time