Eaton Industries (Canada) Company located in Burlington, Ontario has an opening for a 4-month Summer Student / Intern opportunity in our Supply Chain Management Department.
Logistics analytics and carrier account consolidation; Premium freight compliance reporting; Customs process review to optimize month end report to CBSA; Lead time review between ERP and customer communicated lead times; Planner backfill to support inventory supply during summer months; Retail fulfillment project to optimize fill rates and reduce fines.
- Identify Canadian suppliers where no supplier risk management process exists and document and execute across our Canadian purchasing group
- Review supplier tooling both at Eaton and external supplier sites to document and work with suppliers to document life expectancy of tooling.
- Ensure all Canadian suppliers have up to date Non Disclosure Agreements (NDA) on file
- Work with Logistics Manager on analytics and carrier account management
- Review and update GV vs Oracle ERP lead times to improve customer delivery expectations
Only qualified candidates will be selected for an interview and priority will be given to students returning to a post-secondary program in September 2020.
- Business, Engineering or Science Degree in progress or Diploma Program in Supply Chain and Operations Management
- Enrolled and Returning to a post-secondary program or recent graduate
- This position does not offer relocation. The candidate must reside within 80 km of the site.
- Previous Supply Chain Management experience an asset
- Strong analytic skills using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong customer service focus with a commitment to confidentiality, a high level of professionalism and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work safely on multiple projects
- Good problem solving, mathematical skills and troubleshooting abilities
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No