Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
We’re now recruiting a Global Category Manager MRO- 6 months temporary contract.
This role will have Supply Chain Category responsibility for multiple MRO sub-categories ($295m Spend) for the Eaton Enterprise consisting of some 330 global manufacturing locations spread over North American, EMEA, APAC and Latin America.
Your key deliverables:
• Initiating, developing and executing strategic objectives to facilitate cross-business synergies and increased leverage across a rationalized set of global and regional preferred supplier partners
• Negotiating and managing key strategic supplier contracts and relationships for assigned category and create long term supplier relationships to ensure deployment programs within cost, time, & quality requirements; developing and finalising supply and service level agreements in accordance with business, financial, legal and regulatory requirements
• Working with the regional and shared service centre (SSC) teams, you will lead the supplier market analysis and ensure supplier qualification for RFQ’s, establishing and lead regional cross-functional and cross-business supplier selection teams. Leading the supplier selection process and supplier negotiations to achieve the most competitive proposal in terms of pricing, service level, quality standard, process delivery for world class solutions
• Reviewing, approving, monitoring and reporting compliance to category agreements and strategies based upon Eaton SCM strategic directions
• Engaging the Supplier Base within assigned category to develop and drive innovative business solutions, leading to Continuous improvement or Added Value differentiators in Eaton internal processes or service delivery
• Managing forecasts and category projections, and providing mitigation actions as applicable
• Presenting to senior management the methods, technical analysis, standards and procurement opportunities which are aligned with SCM/Eaton strategic plans and cost reduction initiatives
• Benchmarking procurement processes to develop and implement best practices throughout Eaton and Supply Chain Management
• Creating alignment between corporate and business unit strategic and financial plans for the Category
• Ensuring compliance of suppliers with Eaton SCM Policies and Programs
• Building performance-based supplier relationship leading to continuous and sustainable cost reductions, quality improvements, process improvements and on-time delivery performance
• Leading and conducting strategic supplier performance reviews on agreed KPI’s and develop continuous improvement initiative and actions
• Leading the Cost Out and Saving performance for assigned category across the globe, identifying initiatives for the regions and as required directly managing Cost Out projects to fully maximize benefits for Eaton
• Building and maintaining internal relationship with key stakeholders at all levels to clearly understand and influence requirements for assigned category
• Planning, preparing and executing annual profit plan budgeting/planning for the owned spend for the Category, and supports execution with the business cross functional teams
• Conducting other SCM-related activities requested by Manager to support the business needs from time to time
Do you have:
- Bachelors degree- Business/Engineering degree is preferred but not a must.
Professional supply chain related certification (e.g. CPM, CPIM)
Desired - MBA or Master’s degree in Supply Chain from an accredited institution
- At least 4 years of supply chain experience at a Senior level, with previous specific Category Management/Strategic Sourcing experience is a must
- 2+ years’ corporate supply chain experience with accountability across multiple manufacturing/assembly plant environments
- 2+ years’ negotiating experience for a Fortune 1000 industrial company in a global environment
- Prior deep knowledge of the various MRO Categories is highly desirable.
- Experience in identifying and understanding current trends in supply chain management specific to indirect materials
- Excellent communication, presentation, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to influence a large and diverse group of stakeholders including Senior Management, Operations, Finance and Supply Chain Management personnel
- Demonstrated ability in strategic process creation and implementation, knowledge and experience in successfully deploying category strategies and driving cost-out
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple tasks globally
- Ability to lead cross-functional / regional teams in the development, implementation, and achievement of business results for cross-functional business initiatives and category strategies
- Establishes high performance standards and holds self and others to them
- Managerial courage and willingness to challenge the ‘status quo’ as appropriate
- Strong data analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills, knowledge, and experience with global suppliers, including expertise in negotiating/interpreting legal terms and conditions
- Ability to provide timely, complete and actionable feedback, whether positive or corrective
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time