Eaton is seeking a Plant Manager for its Meadowlands facility within the Crouse-Hinds, B-Line, and Oil & Gas Division in the Electrical Sector.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
The primary function of this role will be to lead and coordinate, in accordance with Company policies and Division procedures, the Plant Line and Staff organizations so that production, quality and quantity requirements are met safely, costs are within budgetary standards, and best manufacturing practices are utilized in the maintenance and conservation of equipment and facilities.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
- You set overall plant policies and procedures to ensure effective operations consistent with the Eaton Business System, Values and Philosophy.
- You coordinate and direct through managers, all functions of facility operations, including but not limited to Manufacturing, Mfg Engineering, Safety, Quality, SCM, OpEx, HR and Finance.
- You align operational objectives with the overall business objectives to ensure a strategy-focused workforce.
- You direct and mentor the plant leadership team in the performance of their respective roles and consistent with the Eaton Leadership model.
- You foster an environment which promotes Eaton’s goals, encourages continuous improvement, and builds customer relationships.
- You drive compliance to the ethics policy and holds others accountable for ethical conduct.
- You develop controls and critically reviews results of operation in reference to planned objectives.
- You are accountable for the day-to-day decisions that directly impact the safety, quality, on-time delivery, efficiency, and profitability of the overall plant.
- You maintain a workforce of highly motivated employees with a morale that is conducive to high levels of employee engagement.
- You attract, select, develop, train, coach, appraise and motivate managers and other personnel for key staff positions and the facility.
- You assure timely and relevant communications to and from all levels. This includes assuring communications between affected reporting areas and to related departments. Responsible for establishing systems that would enhance intra- and inter-departmental communications.
- You assure that collective bargaining agreements are effectively administered.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing leadership experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Masters (MBA) preferred
- Experience with Lean philosophies and tools
- Experience working in a Unionized setting
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time