(Location: Sincan - Ankara)
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the overall management direction and coordination of plant operations for two sites (Ankara Sincan & Ankara Temelli) and one smaller ‘Late Point Definition’-site in Indonesia.
You will have the overall responsibility for leading the operational plant teams in driving performance and deploying Eaton Business System (Profit plan, Organizational Capability Assessment, EBS Pull, cost-out, CIF, Performance Management, Operational Assessment, Tier1/2/3, Gemba-walks, etc.…) to achieve production schedule, product quality, product cost and employee safety goals aligned with H5, Profitplan and other metrics.
You will provide leadership to meet all customer requirements and drives performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals.
You will leverage resources, motivate teams and create a continuous improvement spirit across all sites to have a high performance- and team-based culture achieving world class levels is essential.
Your key deliverables:
- Work consistently to maintain & improve safe and healthy working conditions, to reduce waste & hazardous substance issues, to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injury & illness and to observe all governmental, regional and company health & safety regulations. Basically drive an Environmental Health & Safety (MESH) program throughout the Operations Team and develop a strong EHS culture.
- Prepare, initiate, communicate, participate, execute, review, control and provide leadership to ensure achievement of plant objectives across all sites (some examples below):
- Eaton Business System (EBS), Eaton MESH System, Eaton Quality System and Eaton Lean Six Sigma implementation – implementation, execution and adherence
- Meet or exceed H5-goals in every site
- Profitplan, Capital Plan, Departmental Budgets, cost-out incl. idea pipeline [material, wages and others], idea management systems, overtime reduction, 5S+, visual management
- IDB [Integrated Deck Building], Kaizens, BPI [Business Process Improvement], Best Practice sharing and implementation, etc. – Continuous Improvement Activities on cost structure (fix & variable) and reducing/minimizing waste
- Strategic Plans in alignment with divisional and group operational strategies
- Performance Management, Organizational Capability Assessment, succession- and development planning
- In case any goals are not met, implement corrective actions with respective teams to go back on track
- Build Organizational Capability through empowering functional areas while providing overall direction and accountability in accordance with the Eaton Values and Philosophies.
- Maintain and improve employee relationships with all plant employees by supporting the Eaton Philosophy of Excellence through People. Create an environment to engage employees and ensure high levels of employee satisfaction. Ensure appropriate, effective and timely functional communication in alignment with the Eaton Values and Philosophy both internal and external to the plant.
- Support product innovation opportunities by alignment with the Eaton Product PRO-Launch Programs
- Create an atmosphere and provide leadership that allows each manager to utilize his/her full potential to accomplish plant and divisional objectives.
- Participate and act as Decision Gate Committee (DGC) member when required.
- Ensure Eaton Power Distribution Division’s (PDD) competitive advantage for quality and service excellence is maintained for the customer base; ensure that all customer expectations are met in every aspect.
- Provide input on new product development priorities, pricing actions, and portfolio management.
- Ensure that any potential ‘out of control’ processes impacting business continuity (BCM – Business Continuity Management) or workforce safety are addressed immediately / reported / escalated for rectification.
- Develop and deploy plans to achieve world class H5 metrics (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory & Productivity) at all sites.
- Responsible for implementation and verification of certain required standards and certificates (like ISO 9001, 14001, 45001, 50001, etc.).
- Ensure that policies, procedures and other documentation are established to provide for consistent and professional operation of all organizational functions.
- Coordinate and assist with corporate initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices across PDD, EMEA and Eaton Corp.
- Foster an environment of Employee Engagement by embracing Continuous Improvement culture tools.
- Ensure compliance with all government, financial, environmental and labor regulations.
- Develop an environment beneficial to personal learning and development ensuring all team members are fully informed and equipped to deliver maximum performance.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to deal with labor relations issues as they arise within the respective area.
- Build a high-performance culture and organizational capability in line with the BOC goals of the organization, developing early talent in an inclusive and diverse organization and appropriate levels of succession planning to ensure business sustainability and growth.
- Lead the reporting teams to appropriate business culture transformations including Leadership attributes
- Doing business right at all times and the role must act as a company steward on ensuring full compliance around the business governance systems and business ethics for self and accountable teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Management or a related business field from an accredited institution required.
- Extensive senior leadership experience in a manufacturing environment (volatile and high mix) in electrical / power distribution (switchgear, transformers etc.) industry, managing large organizations/teams of manufacturing, Operational Excellence, Continuous Improvement, EHS, Engineering, Supply Chain etc.
- Experience in leading the deployment of Lean Manufacturing Techniques and initiatives, Six Sigma Blackbelt certification preferred
- Experience in leading Safety / Environmental compliance initiatives.
- Knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and world-class manufacturing techniques; SAP-knowledge is a plus.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills with hands on leadership style.
- Strong analytical- and problem-solving skills with a focus on achieving results with a proven track record.
- Experience with change management (leading & executing) and consistent labor productivity improvement.
- Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Proven track record of building organizational capability and talent through effective recruiting, training, coaching, development and optimizing organizational design.
- Focus on developing oneself including all teams to maintain a progressive understanding and alignment with market, customer, competition, technology and business needs & trends.
- Must possess good senior executive communication skills (verbal, written) in Turkish & English to be able to interact with employees at all levels and represent the Eaton Plants internally and externally. Comfortable with public speaking.
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ESSD Electrical Solutions and Services Div EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time