We make what matters work.
At Eaton, we believe that power, whether it’s electrical, hydraulic or mechanical power -- is a fundamental part of people’s lives. Technology, transportation, energy and infrastructure—these are things the world relies on every day. That’s why we are dedicated to helping our customers across the world find new ways to manage power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. And we’re committed to improving people’s lives, the communities where we live and work, and the planet our future generations will depend on. Because that’s what really matters–and we’re here to make sure it works.
While our vision is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services, our culture and what we value can be represented in six essential leadership attributes expected of all Eaton employees.
- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
- Each individual’s development experience is customized to help participants reach their potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of responsibilities.
- Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have opportunities to build their skills and try on different roles early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for consideration for a variety of future roles.
- By keeping our programs small and selective, we are able to make hiring decisions based on each candidate’s unique skill set and high potential.
- The opportunity to learn from senior leaders is a part of the fabric of every experience.
Your career matters – and we’re here to make it work. Are you ready?
As a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion, Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. We have approximately 95,000 employees across the world, and sell products to customers in more than 175 countries.
Position Overview:The Operations for Engineers Leadership Development Program is a three-year program that involves three assignments in an Eaton manufacturing facility that each last 12 months. In an effort to maximize your development, each assignment has the potential to have you placed in different facilities, different businesses, and/or different functions during the length of your program. Your assignments will give you multiple opportunities to hone your leadership skills. You will also have the opportunity to interact with and present to Eaton leaders during your assignments.
After completion of the program, your experience and newly acquired skills could lead you in a variety of leadership career paths such as operations, lean/continuous improvement, quality, project management, supply chain management, product line management, program management, or engineering.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
- Currently possesses or will have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in engineering with a major in electrical, mechanical, industrial, industrial & systems, engineering technology, engineering management, applied engineering sciences, aerospace, aeronautical, or manufacturing from an accredited institution, with a graduation date no later than August 2020
- Minimum of one internship or co-op experience completed at the time of this application
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher (please do not round)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Geographical flexibility to relocate within the United States for the duration of the Development Program
- Engineering major in mechanical, electrical, industrial, or manufacturing
- 2-3 years of prior internship or co-op experience in a manufacturing setting
- Demonstrated ability to lead others within campus and/or community
- Ability to speak a second language
- Transportation to and from the worksite and for incidental business travel is the responsibility of the participant; however, expenses for required and approved business travel (not including the worksite) will be reimbursed.
This role may include travel (up to 25%) within a local region as determined by the assignment manager.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time