Eaton’s Aerospace division is seeking an Assembler B, 1st shift to join our team. The position is based at our Los Angeles, CA (near Glendale metro) facility.
The LA facility has approximately 350 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets. The Assembler and Tester will be responsible for assembling and testing hydraulic and/or pneumatic and electronic components as specified in applicable documents with minimal supervision. Position will report into Supervisor/Manager of Aftermarket.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
Assembly of mechanical assemblies and subassemblies. Ensure activities are performed correctly and proper tooling and documentation is used.
Must have the ability to utilize hand tools such as, but not limited to, pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers, arbor press, vises, depth micrometers, calipers and dial indicators.
May disassemble hardware to evaluate condition and reassemble to blueprint, work instructions, conformance maintenance manuals (CMM).
- Perform cross training when required.
Adhere to operational procedures and ensure tooling is in calibration before use.
Maintain clean and safe work area. Adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
Other duties as assigned. May be temporarily reassigned to cover workload in other areas of production as necessary.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent from an accredited institution is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee..
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Los Angeles, CA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Associates degree in technical field
- Experience in assembly and testing of hydraulic and electromechanical actuators and working knowledge or hydraulic test equipment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No