Eaton Electrical is currently seeking a Intern to join our Engineering team for 8 months! This position is based at our Burlington, ON facility.
This role supports the processes and department specific objectives at our facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Assist with the design of electro-mechanical assembly models using Autodesk Inventor
- Assist in the evaluation of designs and/or prototypes
- Convert 2D AutoCAD drawings into 3D Inventor models and drawings
- Create and update part and assembly drawings
- Create and update manufacturing Bill of Materials
- Knowledge and application of product design and code standards
- Knowledge of product life cycle management tools
- Ability to work on your own or collaboratively within a team environment
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Returning to a College or University program in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 18 years of age by May 1, 2020.
- Must live within 80km of the facility.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- Prior internship or co-op experience an asset.
- Basic understanding of electrical systems
- Basic knowledge of 3D CAD software
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or the community
- Strong knowledge of Inventor 2013 or later as well as AutoCAD Mechanical
- Ability to read, interpret and generate assembly drawings
- Strong working knowledge of sheet metal fabrication and manufacturing techniques
Position Success Criteria:
- Intermediate Inventor skills
- Effective time management and project management skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and public speaking experience.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Able to take initiative with keen attention to detail
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No